Non-OEM printer inks fade fast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-OEM printer inks fade fast!

For all you photographers that print out your photos, you may want to investigate light and dark fade on the inks and papers you use. While it is common practice to replace the expensive ink cartridges with refills and low-cost aftermarket cartridges, if you are printing your images for professional or long term use you may want to check out this article (it starts on the right hand side of the page):
    http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hardcopy/hardcopy.html

The chart on page 6 is very eye-opening.

You may also want to check out the book download at the Wilhelm Research site and read all about the history if image fading and film conservation.

They also have reviews of the printers/inks/papers out there on the market for your review.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-19-2007, 06:30 AM.

thanks for the info, PD.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Very interesting, some of those refills were only good for a few months.

Comment

Interesting, even though I never print pictures myself, I usually use Pixum.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
          Reply to Copyright issue?
          PrintDriver
          <Not a lawyer.

What you are proposing is a copyright/trademark issue because you are using someone else's photo that is corporate property. If you bought the product and took your own...
          Today, 12:03 PM
        • KitchWitch
          KitchWitch
          No, I would not assume anything is public domain unless it is explicitly labeled as public domain. Even then I'd double check. To legally use photos of products, you need specific permission from those...
          Today, 11:58 AM
        • PanToshi
          PanToshi
          <-- NOT A LAWYER ''Public domain'' is not a place. It is a definition. See copyright.gov for details.

Images of major brands/products are NOT likely to be ''public domain''....
          Today, 11:58 AM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to How to separate compound path clipping masks
          PrintDriver
          Your rip can't do that by printing in tiles?
          Or at worst, you could take each piece and the associated large image and plop it into its own file.
          But short of chopping up the actual image,...
          Today, 11:57 AM
        • burgerme
          Copyright issue?
          burgerme
          So I'm working on a magazine project and they want to use photos of products by UGG and a couple of other name brands. The editor told me, it was OK to pull images from their site as long as credit is...
          Today, 11:39 AM

20% Off Sale at iStock until Sept 30, 2016
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X