Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-OEM printer inks fade fast!

For all you photographers that print out your photos, you may want to investigate light and dark fade on the inks and papers you use. While it is common practice to replace the expensive ink cartridges with refills and low-cost aftermarket cartridges, if you are printing your images for professional or long term use you may want to check out this article (it starts on the right hand side of the page):
    http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hardcopy/hardcopy.html

The chart on page 6 is very eye-opening.

You may also want to check out the book download at the Wilhelm Research site and read all about the history if image fading and film conservation.

They also have reviews of the printers/inks/papers out there on the market for your review.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-19-2007, 11:30 AM.

thanks for the info, PD.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Very interesting, some of those refills were only good for a few months.

Comment

Interesting, even though I never print pictures myself, I usually use Pixum.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X