Good Camera??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Camera??

Could someone please take a look at this link and let me know if it is a good camera or not? I need to buy one for a photography class next year and don't know much about cameras. Thanks.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...10072336&catid=

It's a Kodak EasyShare 6.0MP Digital Camera (Z650)

Do you have the class requirements for a camera? My photography class required a film camera, because part of the class was film developement. In which case this camera would not work.

What kind of photography class is it? I don't see where this camera can be switched to a fully manual set up, which I would assume would be needed in a photo class, especially a professional beginner class.
    www.QuiteGraphic.com
    I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

i trust these sites for reviews
      http://www.steves-digicams.com/
      and
      http://www.dpreview.com/
      www.rmhstudios.com

Comment

Umm.. this is the class description.

This course covers basic photographic skills including camera controls for proper exposures, taking photographs in black and white and colour, digital photography, photographic theory, composition, and laws governing the use of photographs.

I would have to probably go ask the teacher for that class for more information on the class or camera I guess because I don't know much more.

I don't know much about photography and I've never really thought about certain cameras being specific to certain things. So I don't really know where to start.

Comment

they will most liely want you to have a SLR and or DSLR both would be best for developing your own prints and also shooting with the different types of B&W films. but i am 99% u will need a camera that you can change the lenses on such as named above
          www.rmhstudios.com

Comment

^ yes, and probably it will need to be ABLE to go fully manual so you can learn different focusing techniques etc.
            www.QuiteGraphic.com
            I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info.. I'm sure thatll really help me to find one.

Comment

Yep, you're going to need a film camera. My favorite is a Minolta XD11 which can sometimes be found in excellent condition. Manual mode, aperature priority, and shutter priority.
                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                LinkedIn

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clipping shop
                  Reply to 3D view of a logo
                  Clipping shop
                  sorry to say, I don't think that you know Photoshop pretty well. Because this type of design can be made through Photoshop. Beside this you can google it and can find any other software you like.
                  Today, 11:11 AM
                • B
                  Reply to Briefs
                  B
                  I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer to your question. It depends on the company, its culture, the marketing person, the designer and the project at hand.

I oversee both the...
                  Today, 09:50 AM
                • pers0n
                  Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                  pers0n
                  Well the work would be work I did. For example lets say I designed someone's logo, poster or website and they want me to take it down.
                  Today, 09:25 AM
                • MinaZee
                  Comment on Logo Feedback
                  MinaZee
                  Thanks Glitchin , and i will.
                  Today, 06:32 AM
                • Woodenpablo
                  Briefs
                  Woodenpablo
                  What's the general consensus on how to interpret briefs written by a marketing manager or director etc? I was in a meeting at work where I interpreted the brief incorrectly and got a critised for it....
                  Today, 04:43 AM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X