Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera reccomentations - lenses for both film and digital?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera reccomentations - lenses for both film and digital?

I'm looking into getting a digital SLR. I will mostly play around with it, but I would also like to be able to use it for print or web graphics occasionally.

I'd like to be able to get a film body later and use the same lenses. My price range is under 1000. I've been looking at the Pentax K100D and the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Anyone have any recommendations or other information?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jessicam; 05-15-2007, 07:02 AM.
    Think of me as programmable soda.
    Tori Amos

I just got the Pentax K100D for Christmas and it rules!!!. I was debating over that and the Rebel also because I'm usually always buying Canon. A few things that drove me towards the Pentax were: The solidness of how it felt in your hands, the Canon was kinda cheap feeling. The Pentax has anti-shake. It had a bigger lcd for previewing at the time, I think Canon upgraded the Rebel. You can use just about any of the Pentax film lenses ever made on the K100D, which is really cool. Also I think the Pentax has a cooler "indie" vibe about it, while Canon has a "sheep vibe". However I still like Canon, just saying... Lastly the price put it over the edge. Go to a store and feel them out for yourself even if you don't buy it there and see which one you honestly like better. You really can't go wrong with either though.

Comment

canon can

Hi, I've got 2 Canon SLR cameras - the 300D (which is the UK version of the Digital Rebel, I think) and also an EOS 1000n. All the lenses are interchangable, however I think that there's some slight reduction in quality if you were to use a conventional SLR lens rather than one specifically designed for use on a digital SLR. (something to do with the sensor at the back of the camera). having said that, I love the canon - always takes much better photos than I deserve!
      Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

depends on how much you're wanting to spend....

i opted for a fujifilm s5000 working great for me, but took me a while of playing with the options to take decent action photos

chris<pixelmonkey>

Comment

I just went ahead and ordered the Pentax K100D and piles of filters and things from Amazon. I will post pictures as soon as I can! Thanks for the information.
          Think of me as programmable soda.
          Tori Amos

Comment

I have the Canon Rebel XTI and love it. The only thing I wish I had that I dont is the ability to connect to strobes if I wanted to some day. I'm not there yet but I guess when I am then I will have to upgrade.
            Tricia Lynn

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
              Reply to Sort of a Constructivism Inspired Poster
              seamas
              I agree with HotButton on just about everything here --especially the extra question parks.
              Leave extra punctuation to Pam in accounting. You are a Graphic Designer--use a graphic designer solution....
              Today, 02:51 PM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Newbie101 here
              KitchWitch
              Hi Newbie101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 02:44 PM
            • B
              Reply to What specifications of PC laptop should I buy for design jobs?
              B
              What PrintDriver said, is accurate for pro-level work. However, since you're on a budget, you can get by with less.

Editing video with 16GB of RAM is doable without too much pain, unless...
              Today, 02:15 PM
            • Newbie101
              Newbie101 here
              Newbie101
              Hey, I'm from the middle east, in my twenties, just found my passion for design, and I'm sure I can rock this.
              I know nothing much yet, but I hope I would learn many from here
              Today, 01:43 PM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Having trouble with printers and am very lost
              KitchWitch
              Hi Felinafullstop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
              Today, 01:03 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X