Online photo poster enlarger to tiled PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online photo poster enlarger to tiled PDF

There may be more sites like this out there, but I recently used this on-line service to blow up a shot to a large coloured tile output in PDF format.

For what it's worth:

http://www.blockposters.com/

I don't get it. Fake large format? Do-it-yourself large format? I only see this being useful for a non-professional who has picture they want bigger, but only has a desktop printer. Ugh.
    Less be more.

Comment

Hey, it's not for client use. Just to liven up the office walls. Like the Rasterbator.

Fun, cheap. That's me.

Comment

But I would share that with my broke high school students. They would love it.

Comment

Someone here at work has a picture in his cube that's tiled like that. But instead of it being taped together to look like a continuous print, he has each tile in a separate frame, spaced about 1/4 inch apart. It's a pretty neat effect.
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
            Someone here at work has a picture in his cube that's tiled like that. But instead of it being taped together to look like a continuous print, he has each tile in a separate frame, spaced about 1/4 inch apart. It's a pretty neat effect.
            Is it spaced out even though it should be close together or is printed to be spaced out. Does that make any sense?
            Less be more.

Comment

It's printed to be spaced out.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Ok that's cooler than printing something cutting it up and then spacing it out.
                Less be more.

Comment

Illustrator does tiles. I've printed vector artwork before in as much as about 16 tiles, to see what it'll look like at full print size.

Also, if you're working with raster art, I believe rasterbator does its printouts in letter-size tiles.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

pretty cool! that's a lot of ink though?

Comment

That's cool with me Once went to a student flat that had black and white prints covering entire walls. On closer inspection, they were tiled. Cheap way to cover up walls. Especially if you got a lot of space and some beautiful prints!
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

good point! Now you got me thinking Wall Murals

Comment

It fits the bill perfectly in Sweden.
                          Here we have a tradition that when students graduate all the parents and friends are gathered outside the school entrance waiting for student to pour out the entrance into the free life as graduates. When waiting in that crowd there is a tradition to hold a photo poster with a childhood/younger age photo of the student you are there to celebrate. It helps the student spot their friends and shows who you are there to celebrate.

And the mentioned poster application is perfect for producing own budget posters for this application.

Comment

I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Rasterbator. Now there is a program I actually wish people knew more about if they are going to use the halftone effect in their designs. The 'tutorial' that is/was on here to do the same effect using Photoshop is completely useless compared to Rasterbator which is truly vector and produces round dots with 4 anchors. There can be a staggering number of points though. I once was asked to research doing 60'tall x 20'wide images using Rasterbator......no wonder I dream of trainwrecks...

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                PanToshi
                                Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                Today, 03:46 PM
                              • PanToshi
                                Reply to Looking for comments
                                PanToshi
                                Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                                Today, 03:46 PM
                              • PanToshi
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                PanToshi
                                Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • HotButton
                                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                HotButton
                                There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                                Today, 03:36 PM
                              • pobrien
                                Flyer Crtitique
                                pobrien
                                Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                                Today, 01:12 PM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X