Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's a good site to get a MacBook for a good price? (new or refurbished)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's a good site to get a MacBook for a good price? (new or refurbished)

School's starting in a few weeks and I'd like to have a MacBook before I go back. Yes, I'm still a PC user (I own a slow one, no less =/) and I'm trying to find good deals for a MacBook, new or refurbished. If you know a site with good deals, let me know. Thanks =]

PS. I just realized I posted in a photography thread. Sorry >_<
    Last edited by greekbrooklynite; 08-20-2007, 04:13 PM.
    Art: My Anti-Drug

apple products are all pretty relative in price. I'm a big fan of going straight to the source on the apple.com website personally!
    | Valerie |
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
    -Ben Harper

Comment

Yea I noticed, they're all the same price. Last I heard from my cousin, she said I can look around and find some with good deals. But when I looked, they're all pretty much the same, cept for some have rebates.

If only I had a better job lol

Comment

u could always finance w/ apple..i did that right out of college - it worked out perfectly for my needs!
        | Valerie |
        -Ben Harper

Comment

student discount was like $400 off I believe when I bought mine from apple. Have you tried a student discount?

Comment

Sure wish i thought of that when i was a student! Great suggestion tZ!
            | Valerie |
            -Ben Harper

Comment

Wow I was just looking at that on the apple site! It's like $999 plus free iPod nano. I'm actually considering getting that deal.

Comment

http://lowendmac.com/deals/macbook.html

Comment

or if you know someone who is a student...I'm just sayin'

Comment

A friend of mine just bought an macbook on educational discount today ($200 off). She also got a free ipod nano, printer, and a great deal on the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium educational version ($349.95)
                    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sweet, did she get it from a site? If so, what is it?

Comment

She got it from the apple site - I don't know if it is the same for all schools though. When you go to the educational section of apple.com - Look for a promo "Buy a mac and save big on CS3"

Also clicking on the "free nano" ad brings the specials up at the bottom of the page.
                        Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                        http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

apple.com also has refurbished, i didn't see anyone state that.
                          My Site

Comment

while we are on the subject, I have an old iBook laptop, and a iMac (G3) both are ancient, I cant even sell these at pawn shops. so with that said, does anyone know where I can get rid of these things? Combined ive spent well over $2,000 on this stuff and I can't even get $20 for it now. if anyone has a website that buys old mac stuff hit me up please, im not looking to purchase another one, I just want to offload what I have now and be done with it.
                            ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

You could try getting a hold of this guy, D-Frag.
                              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Splashsky
                                Advice on simple banking-style design
                                Splashsky
                                So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
                                Today, 12:10 PM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                                PrintDriver
                                Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                                The Output.
                                As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                                Today, 08:46 AM
                              • Peter3v
                                Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
                                Peter3v
                                Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
                                Today, 06:52 AM
                              • Breanne.C
                                Reply to Helloooooo!
                                Breanne.C
                                Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
                                Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                              • Breanne.C
                                Reply to Font ID Please
                                Breanne.C
                                Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
                                Yesterday, 10:14 PM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X