Anyone here do pp in Lightroom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here do pp in Lightroom?

My friend says it can straighten photos but for the life of me I can't find it.
    The premier New York Rangers forum on the web

I've never used lightroom, but if it's anything like photoshop, you straighten images with the crop tool (since any straightening inevitably involves cropping).

Comment

Oh, hey, I was right: http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Ligh...6BC42FB3E.html

Comment

Thanks, that was it. It's changed in 1.2.
        Attached Files

Comment

Which street fair is that one, JP?
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Regular old boring one on 6th av, last weekend. But a sausage and peppers hero is a sausage and peppers hero!

Comment

It needed a bit longer exposure, I think. I added some fill light, not much.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice pic JP ... we have no street fairs here ... a couple in neighboring towns but they are so packed it takes all the fun out of it

Comment

Thanks RK. They get crowded here too, but not so much the regular old raggedy ones like this. But San Gennaro can be a nightmare of packed in crowd that can make the Jews exodus from Egypt look like a school outing.

Comment

tell me about it ... we just don't have that many of them so the few that we do have .. everyone and their brother comes out for. I feel too claustrophobic to go ... I can't stand weaving and winding through people "'scuse me, pardon me, 'scuse me"

Comment

Ah see, that's where NYers are different. I can't print what we say.

Comment

lmao JP

Comment

Originally posted by JPnyc
                          Ah see, that's where NYers are different. I can't print what we say.
                          I can attest to that.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

So what do you think of Lightroom anyway, JP? I've been wondering if it's worth trying.

Comment

Well my review is mixed, I'm afraid. On the 1 hand it's very powerful. For straightening a photo, or correcting white balance, it's unbeatable. For punching up color; also excellent.

But, it has a tendency to "zero out" settings such as color when you import a photo. It has it's own idea of "neutral" settings which it imposes on a pic just by importing, and that I absolutely hate. Most of the time I do minimal processing to a photo, if I do any at all. I'm not a great believer in post-processing

When it comes to things like redeye reduction or even adding fill light, I actually prefer a simple free program like google's Picasa2, believe it or not. For sharpening, well, there's a hundred programs you can do that in. Also light room doesn't seem to have a means of resizing photos. Fortunately, MS power toys does it very well.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X