Cutters and Trimmers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutters and Trimmers

I'm looking for some input on some "cutters". We have a "one shop stop" business out in the midwest. We can design and print everything from brochures and small 12x18 posters on a Xerox docucolor to printing large posters and wallpaper on a Roland inkjet.

We've had serveral orders for posters and newsletters that can be printed on the Xerox but have had a problem with the cost of paying someone to manually cut off the bleed. Does anyone have any suggestions for this a better way or equipment that we should look at purchasing?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where I could find a 8 foot -10 foot paper cutter that can be used for cutting off the bleed on tradeshow graphics and other large format printing that we do.

Thanks!

You want new or used?
    The rep who sold you the Roland should be able to help you out for new.
    Check around the various sign forums or wide format magazines in their classifieds or used equipment sections if you want used.

8' or 10' paper cutters...I'm not so sure about. Usually tradeshow graphics are rather custom and usually done by hand. You can set up a table with one of those tracked rotary cutters but sometimes the hassle of aligning on the track is worse than laying down a corked back, heavy straight-edge.

Comment

We cut all our large pieces by hand too. Our largest trimmer is about 5 feet.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

have you tried the industrial / business section of ebay ?
        Computer Arts | Artistic GFX

Comment

I have Rotatrim 'tracked' rotary cutters. One 18" and one 54" or so. Its more of a pain to use than the Maped cutters (railed ruler) though. No real machine to do the work, but the smaller Rotatrim make quick work of Tabloid Extra, etc.
          The Maped cutter/slide cutter is very quick and used on all of our large digital prints. Much quicker than a blade/ruler and usually looks better.

Comment

We have a 'IDEAL' gilotine - its hand operated but it'll cut through a ream of paper very easily, works well on our short runs. They come in a number of different sizes and are alot better than using a ruler and knife!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
              Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
              Glitchin
              Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
              Today, 03:55 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Logo Feedback
              Glitchin
              I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
              Today, 02:58 PM
            • Glitchin
              Comment on Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
              Today, 02:54 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Portfolio usage of work
              PrintDriver
              Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
              Today, 12:42 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X