Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop-advice

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how you can easilly make silhouette-pictures out of photos. By this I mean when the dark parts oh the photo are modified to include only one color/different shades of the same color. The light parts would be white... Kind of che guevara-picture style if you get what I mean...

I suck at photoshop, use mainly illustrator... (have cs3:s)

I appreciate any advice

/K

Adjust the levels until you get what you want. The words you are looking for are high contrast. Silhouettes are a bit different.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

The Che Guevara pictures really just black and white, sometimes with the background coloured. For that, use Image -> Adjustments -> Threshold.

For a similar result, but with more colours, try Image -> Adjustments -> Posterize.

Comment

If you just want Silhouettes on a white or colored background, you could use the pen tool and draw a vector shape layer also - that can give you a cleaner edge sometimes, if threshold doesn't get you what your after. The cutout filter would be another one to try along with Posterizing.
        | Valerie |
        "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
        -Ben Harper

Comment

Another very powerful method is to use a Gradient Mapping adjustment layer. By carefully adding and editing points of the gradient used, you can reassign bold solid colours across the original's tonal range (and it's non-destructive AND re-editable). In the gradient editor which pops up if you click on the gradient in the Grad Map setup, use Alt-drg to dupe an existing colour point and this is useful in creating sharp colour transitions.

The other nice thing about this method is that as a layer you can easily drag it to another image and of course, apply it through a layer mask, or get new effects by twiddling with the layer blending controls and modes.

Comment

thanks for the advice to all of you

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asbro
              Plagiarism or not?
              asbro
              Hello everyone! I have a client with an unusual request regarding a folder for a conceptual electronic music album. He asked to copy the Sega Master system logo and replacing the name with his own, like...
              Today, 08:11 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Illustrator - Recolouring a vector remains in grayscale
              KitchWitch
              Hi Keluitry and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 07:39 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Career advice
              KitchWitch
              Hi Virindi and welcome to GDF.

I agree with PD, job titles differ from one place to another now. The word associate could mean you're a junior-level designer, or it could mean you're a partner...
              Today, 07:36 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Copyright question - images taken from other websites
              KitchWitch
              I'm not a lawyer and not in Australia, so I can only tell you what I would do here in the U.S. I would contact both websites asking permission to use those photos and how they would like them credited....
              Today, 07:31 AM
            • mixlikes
              Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
              mixlikes
              The website is good with high download speed. As well site is neat and clean.
              Today, 07:14 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X