Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop-advice

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how you can easilly make silhouette-pictures out of photos. By this I mean when the dark parts oh the photo are modified to include only one color/different shades of the same color. The light parts would be white... Kind of che guevara-picture style if you get what I mean...

I suck at photoshop, use mainly illustrator... (have cs3:s)

I appreciate any advice

/K

Adjust the levels until you get what you want. The words you are looking for are high contrast. Silhouettes are a bit different.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

The Che Guevara pictures really just black and white, sometimes with the background coloured. For that, use Image -> Adjustments -> Threshold.

For a similar result, but with more colours, try Image -> Adjustments -> Posterize.

Comment

If you just want Silhouettes on a white or colored background, you could use the pen tool and draw a vector shape layer also - that can give you a cleaner edge sometimes, if threshold doesn't get you what your after. The cutout filter would be another one to try along with Posterizing.
        | Valerie |
        "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
        -Ben Harper

Comment

Another very powerful method is to use a Gradient Mapping adjustment layer. By carefully adding and editing points of the gradient used, you can reassign bold solid colours across the original's tonal range (and it's non-destructive AND re-editable). In the gradient editor which pops up if you click on the gradient in the Grad Map setup, use Alt-drg to dupe an existing colour point and this is useful in creating sharp colour transitions.

The other nice thing about this method is that as a layer you can easily drag it to another image and of course, apply it through a layer mask, or get new effects by twiddling with the layer blending controls and modes.

Comment

thanks for the advice to all of you

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X