Canon 35mm camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 35mm camera

Is there anyone who know anything about canon 35mm cameras? I have a rebel k2 and am looking to buy a wide angle lens for it. I recently ordered one that did not fit my particular model, however, online it is listed as fitting my camera. I have found through ordering other accessories that there is a difference in the k2 and k2 date/time. I don't know if that should make a difference on the lens. What bugs me is that the lens that I ordered fits a canon digital rebel that I switch lenses with my 35mm.

My suggestion would be to contact Canon directly. It took me a little while to find out exactly where to contact the right person, but when I did, I received very good service.

Comment

I believe any of the EF lenses will work with that model, but the EF-S models won't (they're designed for the Rebel Digital line).

Comment

The EF system was introduced in 1987, so any camera made with an EF mount, and not the old FD mount can use any Canon-lens made after that year (including your Rebel K2).

R2 Mark is correct about the EF-S mount, which are designed for the digital series (but not full format cameras like 5D or 1D for example).

The EF mount is marked with a red dot on at least newer Canon DSLR cameras (probably yours as well), and the EF-S mount is marked with a white square. My EOS 350D and 500D have both these marks on the body mount. So check the lens you ordered. If it's got a small white square near the mount, it's an EF-S - which will explain why it fits a new DSLR, but not the SLR.
        Last edited by fredrich; 07-17-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

...but a body which can mount an EF-S lens can also mount an EF lens. So always get EF lenses if you want them to work on any body, especially if you plan on staying in film or upgrading to full-frame digital.

The EF-S lenses have a rear element closer to the sensor (short back focus), which is why they can only be mounted on a crop-sensor digital system.
          Last edited by Ned; 07-17-2009, 12:02 PM.
          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
          mediamainline.com
          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pobrien
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            pobrien
            Thanks for the feedback. That all makes a lot of sense. I'll take these points and re-work things....
            Today, 04:06 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
            PanToshi
            Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Looking for comments
            PanToshi
            Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            PanToshi
            Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:40 PM
          • HotButton
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            HotButton
            There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
            Today, 03:36 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X