Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About camera option_ ISO and Exposer.

hi,
    anybody can help me by answer that, what is ISO sensitivity & Exposer and it's function in a camera.

thank you.

Exposure is how much light you let into the camera; it is controlled by the shutter speed (how long the shutter is open), the aperture (how large the opening is), and the ISO, which is the film (on a traditional camera) or sensor (on a digital camera)'s sensitivity to light.

With ISO, the higher the number, the more risk there is of grain in your photos, so as a general rule, you will want to try to keep the ISO as low as conditions will allow (unless, of course, you want a grainy photo for artistic or other reasons).

Actually, here is an article that explains the basics of exposure in photography.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

ISO sensitivitiy is basically how quickly the sensor will "absorb" the captured light from the lens. If it's set high then light will be gathered quickly giving you lesser quality but faster shutter speed. So when you would need a higher ISO is basically when you need to shoot fast to avoid camera shake or subject movement, and you don't have the light to allow that without compromising image quality, ie hand-held or action shots in low light. If you can though, try to achieve your faster shutter speed with either more light (ie, strobes or speedlights) or a wider aperture (faster lens) before bumping up the ISO as a last resort.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
          Reply to How they did the drawings like this?
          mixlikes
          For perfect drawing, you need to learn photoshop so that you can give a nice texture to an image. There are lots of tools to edit an image that can be used for many purposes....
          Today, 02:27 AM
        • hank_scorpio
          Reply to I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
          hank_scorpio
          Don't have the new mac book pro.

What type of software are you using? Is it specific for the Mac? What type of work are you doing?

Do you really need a Mac? You can put together...
          Today, 12:59 AM
        • Magical Unicorn
          I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
          Magical Unicorn
          The laptop I'm writing this post on is *calculating in head* going on 7 years old. It's a well loved 13" white MacBook from when I started high school in 2010. I've vehemently stated that I don't...
          Yesterday, 11:38 PM
        • B
          Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
          B
          As for content, an obvious addition would be the inclusion of several good before-and-after samples of audio that you've cleaned up.
          Yesterday, 06:54 PM
        • RMo
          Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
          RMo
          Hey,

some quick things:
          • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
          • add a favicon
          • there is a massive amount of space after loading
          Yesterday, 03:18 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X