Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a digital frame that supports a flash file (.swf)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a digital frame that supports a flash file (.swf)

i am looking for a digital frame to present a photo series i am constructing in flash - does anyone know oif there is one that supports the .swf file?

Not that I am aware of. I have searched high and low and couldn't find any.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

thanks for your reply- i suppose my next option is to convert to gif animation but i am thinking this will not give the smooth subtle transitions i have in flash....can you advise me?

Comment

Have you researched these image frames at all? Their limitations are kind of limited.

With most, even if you have only 1 image will still 'transition' that one image into the same image...
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

i have not been able to find out much about them - just the sales description which is not helpful.

my project looks like this:
          http://www.rockisland.com/~tina/ml.html

i am thinking that i can make this into an animated gif (huge file size comparatively) and put that on a flash drive and plug in to frame. but if the frame "transitions " from one photo to the next, perhaps that would work for my individual photos?

can you tell me anything more about how they actually work and what they mean by "transition"?

Comment

Are there any that would accept a Quicktime movie file instead? .SWF sounds pretty niche, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could do a Quicktime on some of them. I haven't done any research. But you could export your Flash file as a Quicktime instead of SWF and maybe that would work?
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

thanks urstwile, i will look into that.

Comment

what will you be using it for?
                how large of a screen are you looking for ?
                what is your budget?

i was looking at some of the larger (10"-15") ones this holiday season. they were running between $100 & $200. my thoughts were for counter display to show work. but i think i'll get a net book for just a few more bucks.

so depending on what you are going to do with it this could be an option.
                Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

what is a net book?

this will be used to display the following:
                  http://www.rockisland.com/~tina/ml.html

i want to put it on a screen so that it will be an object i can give or sell. the current version is in flash (.swf) i tried saving it as an .mov QT file but the quality loss was too great.

Comment

well google net book if you like but its just a very small laptop.. if you're gonna sell this than thats not an option but if you were just going to display it on an office counter..
                    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

ok thanks for the suggestion...it would actually work fine if willing to spend $300 for a presentation.

Comment

If you don't have the money for a net book or what ever, have you thought about adapting you flash presentation in to till images and letting the digital photo frame do the work. I think you can speed up and slow down the presentation in which case you can create intermediate images to get the effect your after.

Think of it as creating still images for an animation

Comment

i have thought about this and asked kodak tech people - the fade time between images on one of their models is 1.9 seconds so i could either use the original still images with kodak built in fades, or have flash turn the .swf file into a "jpeg series" which would be hundreds or thousands of images. i actually bought a new 1.5t external HD for this purpose, but i won't know which way will work til i buy the picture frame. my hesitation is this - shd i get the kodak one or choose another that has mor file options to play with like gif, mov, etc.

i am not knowledgable about movie file types. would mpeg or avi be appropriate?

does anyone have some experience with this and can guide me a litttle? it would be helpful to hear what you know.
                          thanks

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                          Working...
                          X