anyone shooting canon g-11/12.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone shooting canon g-11/12.

Looking to buy a point and shoot to stick in my pocket. Anyone shooting this camera?? Narrowed it down to nikon p100 superzoom and g11/12....
    http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Willy,
    Never shot the Nikon, so don't know. I do, however, shoot the heck out of a G-11, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Effective focal length, 24-150 @2.8-4.5. Pretty fast for a camera this small. Good up to ISO 800 (w/a little noise reduction). Native flash sync speed up to 1/2000 (I think, check the specs to be sure) with a Canon flash. Very, very capable little camera. Oh yeah, also has an articulated viewfinder, which is great for candids, etc. (optical viewfinder is ok, but only covers about 75 % of actual frame). For what it's worth, about 85 or 90 percent of what I've posted in the 10 minutes from home thread was taken with a G-11. If I was buying today, would probably get the G-12, just because of the hd video. Good luck, let us know what you buy .
    What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

Thanks Rodney...I have read many reviews all mostly positive. Now knowing someone getting great image quality. That's not even speaking for your keen eye and outstanding composition (which far outweighs camera performance). I have heard this is one of the closest cameras to SLR in a P&S and may actually outperform my Oly E500 for portrait. Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

Willy,
        You might also give a look at the Nikon p7000. Looks to be about the same price range, size, and all, and maybe a little more reach with the zoom. Here's a review with some pretty freakin' awesome sample shots by Bob Krist
        http://www.pixiq.com/article/hands-o...-coolpix-p7000

Comment

Willy,
          If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, give a look at the Panasonic Lumix lx-5 also. Basically, it's the same camera as a Leica D-Lux5. 24-90mm effective focal length, f2.0-3.3, and and ISO rating out the ying-yang (although prolly only good to 800 or maybe 1600). It looks realllly good though.

Comment

Not yet almost did on the g-11 but am going to waite til spring. You just made my choice that much harder f-2.0 is sick in a compact.

Comment

Willy,
              If you haven't pulled the trigger on the point and shoot yet, look realllly close at the new Olympus XZ-1 (I think that's right). f1.8-2.5 with 28-122mm (full frame equiv.) lens. Great video. Very pocketable. I've been shooting a lot with the epl-1 lately, and just pre-ordered one of these to go with for a project I'm workin' on. May be what you're looking for

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrodney View Post
                Willy,
                If you haven't pulled the trigger on the point and shoot yet, look realllly close at the new Olympus XZ-1 (I think that's right). f1.8-2.5 with 28-122mm (full frame equiv.) lens. Great video. Very pocketable. I've been shooting a lot with the epl-1 lately, and just pre-ordered one of these to go with for a project I'm workin' on. May be what you're looking for
                I held the G-12 yesterday. Had to leave promptly before I spent money I reall didn't have.

Comment

You can also look at both cameras side by side at www.dpreview.com
                  oh, and Canon FTW
                  *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

I decided on the Panasonic LX-5 for a "nice" point 'n shoot (I shoot with a Canon 5D and many lenses for when I want to lug everything around). It has a wide fast lens f/2 @ 24mm. It's a nice little camera and I've been very impressed with the HD video. Feels like a quality camera and has a nice weight and size. The only annoying thing it has is a lens cap (rather than an automatic sliding cap). Not the worst thing ever, but it seems strange that it has an actual lens cap for this type of camera.

Good luck making a decision!
                    Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
                      Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                      Craig B
                      I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
                      Today, 10:46 AM
                    • Colton819
                      Reply to Getting a image ready for print
                      Colton819
                      So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
                      Today, 08:47 AM
                    • leaagg
                      Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                      leaagg
                      Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
                      I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
                      Today, 07:57 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                      PrintDriver
                      Do people still use QR codes?
                      Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
                      Today, 07:06 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Comment on Getting a image ready for print
                      PrintDriver
                      Way too much sharing there, hank..........
                      Today, 06:51 AM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X