This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware, Software Advice

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum so I hope my post is in the right place. I am inheriting a GD position. Brief background: I have an Associates degree in Audio Production, I attended the Art Institute of Portland for a year for Animation. Most of that year was basic design principals, and an "Intro To Computer Graphics Class" I am fairly proficient at Photoshop and have worked as a Product Photographer for 4 years. The web company that I work for has essentially asked me to take on more graphic intensive situations. I have been asked to learn Flash, I feel like Flex, and Dreamweaver should also be explored, and most likely HTML5. Basically there are no wasted skills at my job, just a matter of obtaining them. I purchased- CS5 Flash "Classroom In a Book" from Adobe press. My main questions are here: If building my own computer (Windows 7) on an $800 budget (just for the tower) what are a few highlights to look for in a graphics card. Recommendations? Any hardware/ software advice would be appreciated. Any personal experience on "climbing the GD ladder" would also be great. I look forward to the challenge but I am fairly new to a lot of this!
    Thanks!

Hi Paul,

Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy here.

Comment

Zombie thread. Topic closed.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X