Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay - material reflection

Hi you all!
    I use Skecthup with Vray to render 3d. I would like to get a metal/glass aspect for a material.
    I used a texture, diffuse (with transparency) and reflection layer. For reflection I utilized 2.0 for TextFresnel options (IOR) and 1 for Glossiness.
    In preview mode the material used looks good, as I would want to see it.
    But the material seems to not have the same performance in rendering.
    I attach an example of render and material preview.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	15673
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	15672

The objects with this material are solid components, with a thin depth (2 cm).

hi! Could someone help me please?

Comment

The problem I see is that the glass in your rendered image does not have anything to reflect. You need to add an object or lights off camera so the glass can reflect those objects. Or you can even add a sky to your scene, that should reflect too.
      http://www.reynolds-creative.com

Comment

Thank you very much Reynold! I added my SunLight in GI. Isn't it enough? What can I do more?

Comment

Think about a mirror and how it interacts with the world. If it placed in an area that is has nothing except for a solid blue sky and a light (sun) it will only reflect what it is there meaning you will only see blue and a light depending on the positions of each object. If you place this mirror in an area that has buildings, a sky with clouds, etc then the mirror will reflect those objects. The mirror in your case is the windows and in order to get more details in your reflections you need to add more detail in the environment. This can be as simple as adding a sky with clouds or as detailed as creating more buildings or objects.
          http://www.reynolds-creative.com

Comment

REYNOLDScreativ thank you very much. I thought that reflection works without environment too, but I will add one.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
              Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
              PanToshi
              Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 03:46 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Looking for comments
              PanToshi
              Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
              Today, 03:46 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Flyer Crtitique
              PanToshi
              Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • HotButton
              Reply to Flyer Crtitique
              HotButton
              There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
              Today, 03:36 PM
            • pobrien
              Flyer Crtitique
              pobrien
              Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
              Today, 01:12 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X