Blender Coloring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender Coloring

I'm a bit new to Blender in the first place (3-4 months experience) and i understand a little bit of UV unwrapping but not enough.
    I have 2 amazing character models finished in Blender and would like to add some color without unwrapping them.

I want to know if there is any free or inexpensive program that works like the vertex paint option in Blender? I think the vertex paint in blender is sloppy when it comes to fine detail and was wondering if there is a better solution to adding detailed color directly onto the 3D model? literally painting directly onto the object itself in 3D space.

Hello msaltares! Welcome to GDF!

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

You might try Sculptris. Look up a tutorial on how to import stuff, you have to triangulate your models before they will open properly. I am no expert, and just like playing around with it for fun, but have used Sculptris to do both modeling and texture and it works quite well, so if you can get your models in there, it will likely be better than whats in blender. http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

Comment

If your model is low poly, vertex paint is very sloppy and you would have to UV unwrap and texture it.
        If your model is many verts, vertex paint is pretty good.
        Might want to try procedural materials in cycles. They are a lot of fun to play around with while learning. It's far from vertex painting but I find myself doing a lot of coloring with nodes these days. It saves me from having to unwrap in many cases. Some of my favorite uses for procedural is stone and metal looking materials. As well as grass, leaves, & flower pedals.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
          Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
          PanToshi
          Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
        • B
          Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
          B
          Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
          Today, 12:57 PM
        • Arka-Software
          Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
          Arka-Software
          There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
          Today, 12:46 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
          PrintDriver
          You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
          Today, 09:10 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to New in Here
          KitchWitch
          Hi Asif_shawon and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
          Today, 09:09 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X