Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D newbie

Hi
    I'm total noob, but quick learner. I want to learn simple thing. Now i work in Photoshop CS6 extended. I don't know if I'm using right programm for this. But i drew a simple 2D picture of dog. I made it as 3D object in photoshop. Now i have 3D picture of my dog with my custom pattern. But i need to cut space between legs and resize tail and i don't know how. Can you please help me, what functions should i use or what i can do. And why i need this? I want to draw some animals with crazy colours, turn into simple 3D model (not detailed) and print in 3D printer. Thanks

Hi Tomagio and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think the best you're likely to get out of Photoshop CS6 is a flat 'cut-out' of your dog, similar to something you'd make using a cookie-cutter. If you want any more detail to your animals, I would suggest a legitimate 3D platform like AC3D, Blender, 3DSMax or SketchUp.

To get your cookie-cutter dog, however, I would cut your dog out using a vector shape/path, use that to mask or copy/paste your dog, make any edits that you want to make to the legs or tail or whatever and extrude.

I hope that was helpful. I model in AC3D if I need 3D, so I'm not super savvy with using Photoshop's 3D capabilities other than 3D text effects and the like.

Comment

I think Rhinoceros is a good for newbie - it's simple and convenient

Comment

If you are serious about 3D modelling then you might want to look into Maya or 3Ds Max. The learning curve is steep though. Lynda.com do have some nice introductory courses on the above mentioned apps.

Comment

I don't know if your still wanting info on this subject with this being a almost year old post but it might help out anyways. For me I would use 3DS Max for a 3-D creation. The reason for this is this just that the power behind the program itself is really good and after using a couple of times it is really a good user friendly program overall. I have used it a couple of times to make a simple 3-D model of a chess board and it looked great. But I would suggest that you use it a couple of times like a practice if you have never used the program before, also I would if you do use it to have a high end PC or a good MAC.

Comment

Hi Khayes and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Manosh View Post
                If you are serious about 3D modelling then you might want to look into Maya or 3Ds Max. The learning curve is steep though. Lynda.com do have some nice introductory courses on the above mentioned apps.
                Yes I am agree with it. I think Maya and 3Ds Max can help you

Comment

Just start with Blender, is free, and is so powerful that you will have a good time playing with it, in the future you can invest$$ in another 3d software
                  a lot of tutorials for free too in youtube

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X