Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printing prototypes of cool designs

Dear forum members,

I would like to ask some of your honest expert advice. I love the artwork out here and I really admire all the talent. I was wondering if you also produce your design with 3D printing. I'm in the midst of starting a multi vendor store (the plan is ready [IMG]file:///C:\Users\MICHAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.png[/IMG] ) where designers can sell prototypes of their creative 3D designs without the troubles of printing, inventory, distribution etc.. . I would really love some feedback from you guys before I really decide to start up. I hope you can help me with questions like:

- Why would you decide to sell/buy at such a shop?
    - What can I do better then the already existing print services?
    - What do you expect from a multivendor shop.

Thank you very much for the help and support.

Hi 2day3day and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes. Your first few posts must be approved by a moderator, so don't panic if they don't show up right away.

Your image link looks like it points to a file on your computer. You may need to upload it to our server or to an image host server.

For something like this, you should be inspiring customers with what you can do with them. If someone has never bought product before, they're not in a position to tell you what the might need.

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Most of the designers here are flat piece designers, though there are a few of us that do work in the exhibit field.
      Or are you talking about promotional items.

We do 3D printing all the time but still use a vendor for it until we have enough to justify buying a machine. The stuff we prototype though isn't graphic design. And the stuff we actually use 3D printing for mostly, isn't prototyping, it's actual finished custom pieces for various things.

If you want value added, you need a 3D scanner in order to replicate stuff. This is on top of the skill it takes to use Solidworks or AutoCAD to create prototype printable files for clients who may not have that interface available to them.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        PanToshi
        Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Looking for comments
        PanToshi
        Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        PanToshi
        Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        HotButton
        There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
        Today, 03:36 PM
      • pobrien
        Flyer Crtitique
        pobrien
        Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
        Today, 01:12 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X