Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Drawing - Corrupt/Cannot Open/Cannot Save

Hello all,

The error first occurred when I was editing the drawing file.
    An error about that particular file’s auto-recovery file was showing up every time I tried to save or tried to edit the properties of an object.

I need help in diagnosing this issue please, as I do not want to keep having to throw out my work.

Hi Thibcormier and welcome to GDF.

What program are you working in?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Autocad 2013

Comment

Step 1. Go to the folder C:\Users\[User Name]\appdata\local\temp\ and find the file with *.ac$ as extension.
        Step 2. Change the extension *.ac$ to *.dwg, it pop out a warming: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?", click Yes button.
        Step 3. You can use spec tool

Comment

Hi Gabacker and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

How to solve some troubles with .dwg files you may learn from- *********************************/forum...ing-dwg-format

For this situation there are a couple of options:

Run the RECOVER command. This command lets you browse to a file (.dwg or .dwt) and it will run the audit command while trying to open the file. If it does find and fix the errors, you will see a report on what it found and fixed once the file has been “recovered.”

The RECOVERALL command lets you repair a drawing that has XREFs and it will fix the XREFs as well. As long as the XREFs were pathed correctly the last time the file was in functional order this command will audit them as well.

Here’s how:

Open a new blank drawing
            RECOVER <enter>
            Browse to the file and select it from the dialog box and click Open
            Wait for it to process the drawing. When it is finished, it will show a mini report of how many errors it found and fixed and if it deleted anything.

If this does not work try opening a new blank drawing and inserting the corrupted drawing as a block into the new blank drawing. From there you can explode the block and run the AUDIT command.

The idea can be applied by inserting the drawing into a blank drawing as an XREF and then binding to the drawing. From there you can run the AUDIT command. This method would also need to layer clean up as well..

Comment

Is your backup file writing to a server? We've found if the server time isn't close to be in sync with the connected computer time stamp, it wreaks all kind of havoc. Bad time stamps will mess with the Illustrator preview function too. That is why you get the error "Cannot save preview blah blah blah."

Comment

Hi Branislavpet and welcome to GDF.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
                  Reply to How they did the drawings like this?
                  mixlikes
                  For perfect drawing, you need to learn photoshop so that you can give a nice texture to an image. There are lots of tools to edit an image that can be used for many purposes....
                  Today, 02:27 AM
                • hank_scorpio
                  Reply to I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
                  hank_scorpio
                  Don't have the new mac book pro.

What type of software are you using? Is it specific for the Mac? What type of work are you doing?

Do you really need a Mac? You can put together...
                  Today, 12:59 AM
                • Magical Unicorn
                  I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
                  Magical Unicorn
                  The laptop I'm writing this post on is *calculating in head* going on 7 years old. It's a well loved 13" white MacBook from when I started high school in 2010. I've vehemently stated that I don't...
                  Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                  B
                  As for content, an obvious addition would be the inclusion of several good before-and-after samples of audio that you've cleaned up.
                  Yesterday, 06:54 PM
                • RMo
                  Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                  RMo
                  Hey,

some quick things:
                  • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
                  • add a favicon
                  • there is a massive amount of space after loading
                  Yesterday, 03:18 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X