What do you prefer: c4d or max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you prefer: c4d or max

Hi everyone, I started 3D recently and found it hard to choose from two programs. It is Cinema4D and 3Ds max. What program do you prefer more, and why?

I prefer max... Only reason is that i know Max and never used Cinema4D. To me any 3D product is complex and take years to learn, so choose one and stick with it.

Comment

Hi Naloxone and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hope you don't mind me throwing something else into the mix... Any thoughts about blender?

Comment

I prefer C4D, mainly because although I've tried both, you can make cooler typographical designs with C4D. As far as Blender goes, it would be my second choice.

Comment

What could be the best way to transfer the file with plugins like riptide?

Comment

Choosing Cinema 4D or 3D max depends on the complexity of your project. Both of these programs have the full capabilities of providing you with everything you will need. I prefer Cinema 4D, as it is faster and user-friendly.

Comment

Hi sallybaker and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

just choose one, learn a lot then you can test all the rest of the 3d software in the market, is the same 3d skills
                  another way is to choose what would you like to do:

Cinema4d: motion graphics, fancy text in advertising for tv for example
                  3dmax: game 3d art/archviz. game prop design, architecture visualization etc.
                  Maya: 3d character animation/fx, big blockbuster movies like frozen, toy story, kung fu panda.....
                  Houdini: VFX, particles, dynamics, like water, smoke, fire, explosions, destructions etc....like san andreas movie, with all the buildings falling down.................

choose what you like and go for it...................one thing, LEARN THE BASICS!!!! if you want to be an artist learn to draw/paint.......if you want to be a 3d animator, learn 2d first...........etc

Comment

Originally posted by visualbug View Post
                    just choose one, learn a lot then you can test all the rest of the 3d software in the market, is the same 3d skills
                    another way is to choose what would you like to do:

Cinema4d: motion graphics, fancy text in advertising for tv for example
                    3dmax: game 3d art/archviz. game prop design, architecture visualization etc.
                    Maya: 3d character animation/fx, big blockbuster movies like frozen, toy story, kung fu panda.....
                    Houdini: VFX, particles, dynamics, like water, smoke, fire, explosions, destructions etc....like san andreas movie, with all the buildings falling down.................

choose what you like and go for it...................one thing, LEARN THE BASICS!!!! if you want to be an artist learn to draw/paint.......if you want to be a 3d animator, learn 2d first...........etc

Visualbug told you exactly what I wanted to write.
                    I've used C4D for two years because I never wanted to learn 3DS Max due to his unfriendly interface... now I'm working with 3DS Max for 5 years. Visualbug is right: C4D has great features for motion graphics and advertising while 3DS Max has advanced tools for modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumdir View Post

Visualbug told you exactly what I wanted to write.
                      I've used C4D for two years because I never wanted to learn 3DS Max due to his unfriendly interface... now I'm working with 3DS Max for 5 years. Visualbug is right: C4D has great features for motion graphics and advertising while 3DS Max has advanced tools for modeling.
                      Yes, I'm also liked this point, I'm working with 3D max for making a model and I liked C4D for motion Graphics, Specially. It has some beautiful plugins to create motion, Easily.

Comment

I prefer 3dsMax over Cinema4d. Of course, I have far more experience with Max and only limited experience with C4D. The reasons for this have everything to do with the modeling tools and workflow. I have extensive modeling experience in 3dsmax and Blender, and usually, convert my 3dsmax modeling tutorials over to the Blender platform for the Blender community to follow along as well. Once I had the opportunity to use Cinema4D at work and learned to model with it, I quickly found that converting my 3dsMax tutorials over to C4D was surprisingly much more difficult than I had expected. This is merely personal experience, of course, and your mileage may vary.

Comment

Hi Luxxeon and welcome to GDF.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                            Hi Luxxeon and welcome to GDF.

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Used 3ds Max years ago, and it was kinda cool. Always wanted to check out Maya, but never got around to it. Nowadays I chiefly use Blender.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X