Blender!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Blender 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Blender 3D

Created by the super-geeks that dev for linux. Made usable by all, for free. Yes Blender is free and runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux!

It's tough but if you check out tutorials on youtube, there are tons of basics lessons. I can help with some questions. I also might ask a few of my own.

Blender artists unite! Let's discuss! Geek out on node layouts with me. Material. Compositing. NLA tricks, normal maps! Whatever!!

Blenderlogo:

http://download.blender.org/institut...esktopLogo.png

Yes, Blender is a fantastic tool, and it is not only useful for 3D modeling, rendering and animation. It also has a very capable and easy to use Video Editor.

A few months ago I tested many 3 or 4 video editors (movie maker, davinci resolve, blender, and a few more that I can't remember now).

Blender was the most stable and reliable, and had all the features I needed!

The main issue people have with Blender is that it is somehow hard to use.. The UI and UX are completely different to anything else you had ever seen!

Comment

I'll never forget the first time I saw this. And it was made 5 years ago.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ

Comment

I had never seen it... It's really well done!
        Thanks!

Comment

Indeed, Blender 3D is the best alternative to Autodesk's 3dsMax and Maya, and it's free. I guess that the only downside is that it has a steep learning curve for the user interface.

Comment

Hi SBP and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

"Created by the super-geeks that dev for linux." is not right..........
              but yes, blender is awesome, free as a beer, and so powerful that a lot of freelancers-small and big studios are using it nowadays

a little bit of history here:
              History[edit]

The desktop scene in version 2.63

The Dutch animation studio Neo Geo and Not a Number Technologies (NaN) developed Blender as an in-house application, with the primary author being Ton Roosendaal. The name Blender was inspired by a song byYello, from the album Baby.[4]
              Ton Roosendaal founded NaN in June 1998 to further develop the program, initially distributing it as shareware until NaN went bankrupt in 2002.
              On July 18, 2002, Roosendaal started the "Free Blender" campaign, a crowdfunding precursor.[5][6] The campaign aimed for open-sourcing Blender for a one-time payment of €100,000 (US$100,670 at the time) collected from the community.[7] On September 7, 2002, it was announced that they had collected enough funds and would release the Blender source code. Today, Blender is free, open-source software and is—apart from the Blender Institute's two full-time and two part-time employees—developed by the community.[8]
              The Blender Foundation initially reserved the right to use dual licensing, so that, in addition to GPL, Blender would have been available also under the Blender License that did not require disclosing source code but required payments to the Blender Foundation. However, they never exercised this option and suspended it indefinitely in 2005.[9] Currently, Blender is solely available under GNU GPL.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X