No announcement yet.

What kind of drawing is this?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What kind of drawing is this?

    Hi All - I am in search of a designer that can do these kind of renderings. See the attached. Is this VisualCad? Any help would be helpful and that way I can look for the correct type of artist to do some drawings for my company.

    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hi HipMama and welcome to GDF.

    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.


    • #3
      In my experience, images like that typically start with a complete 3D engineering model (assembly) of the product. Current manufacturing techniques require such models. The type of software in which they originate is currently available from AutoDesk, Solidworks, PTC (Creo), and others. It's fully capable of outputting the type of accurate material and surface detail (as well as the 'sectioning'), seen in your example, but many engineering models never (have to) go that far, seeing as the aesthetics of the rendering are typically secondary to mechanical accuracy and the manufacturing-input characteristics modeled. Furthermore, most engineers I know wouldn't take the time to go that far unless there was some benefit to his/her own interest in one process or another. More often, a graphic artist picks up on it at some point and uses the model and/or its parts to build a graphic like your example.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.


      • #4
        Thank you for your response! Now how would I find someone to do these types of drawings? What kind of title would someone have that can do this?


        • #5
          Also a breeze to accomplish for any graphic designer who can competently use all the tools in Photoshop 5.5 and greater ...


          • #6
            Look for a "Technical Illustrator". They work off of blueprints and photos and or the product. Ask to see their samples before hiring. We have a Classified section here if you want to place a post there.






            Incredible Stock

            Latest Topics


            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
              Happy Thanksgiving to all!
              Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking. We are eating fashionably late this year. Mainly because the bird was larger than expected, but that 's ok.
              Lots of hooverdoovers...
              Today, 04:17 PM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
              Happy Thanksgiving!

              Today, 01:20 PM
            • B
              Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
              Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

              As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
              Today, 12:57 PM
            • Arka-Software
              Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
              There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
              Today, 12:46 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
              You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

              The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
              Today, 09:10 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings