Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Which 3D software should I use" question

G'day all,

I apologise if this has been covered before (If so, could someone please direct me there).

I'm trying to design some simple 3D objects that I can print on a 3D printer.

I kind of put the cart before the horse and bought a 3D printer from ALDI (The supermarket, of all places). This printer uses Cura software which can print files with

.stl,
    .obj,
    .dae, and
    .amf extensions.

I have some Corel CAD software but am struggling with it.

Does anyone have suggestions of "easier to use" 3D software that I could then output to my 3D printer?

Thanks in advance,

DIVOSH!

Hi Di_Vosh and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You might try Blender, the advantages being that it's free and something else to try that will export to the formats you mentioned. As far as "easier to use" is concerned, there is no such thing. 3D applications are notoriously complex, mind-numbing and difficult to learn.

Comment

Easy within 3D designing isn't exactly a "thing". Most 3D applications are complex, and will take some time getting used to the settings, controls, etc.
        You should definitely try out Blender, as above posted.

If you eventually feel as though you're getting somewhere within 3D design, you should check out Cinema 4D. Definitely one of the best software out there and will help you out a ton.

Comment

I read the links, thanks very much. Thanks for the tip for Blender. I'll download it when I get home tomorrow and let you know how it worked out.

DIVOSH!

Comment

Thanks again for the tip for Blender. In only a day or two I managed to design what I wanted. Compared with Corel CAD where I'd been getting no-where fast after several months.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
              Reply to Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
              Yesterday, 10:29 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Reply to Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
              Yesterday, 10:14 PM
            • B
              Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              B
              You'll need to add an email address for interested designers to contact you and work out details offline.
              Yesterday, 04:34 PM
            • Peter3v
              Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
              Peter3v
              Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the owner of a recruitment company whom has a logo that they are happy with BUT would like the name of the recruitment business to be to the immediate right of the logo...
              Yesterday, 12:40 PM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Poster for a school project
              PrintDriver
              Still doesn't help the student figure out how to come up with a viable concept. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research, your ''concept'' would have been easily discovered. It's on just about...
              Yesterday, 06:54 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X