Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use Blender or any 3D animation software to design this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I use Blender or any 3D animation software to design this?

Hi so I'm new to programming and looking into graphic design/3d design because I want to program my own apps and create visual effects in them as well. I have an idea and I'm really not sure how to make it happen seeing that I don't know anything about 3D/graphic design. I plan on learning Blender and similar software as well as 3D game engines but this is very simple and I'm not sure if I'm even headed in the right direction for this project. So basically I'm going to build an app to learn new languages as well as the International Phonetic Alphabet. It's going to be able to translate any language into the IPA. I want to have a 3D animation where all of the letters and individuals syllables (sometimes made up of more than one letter such as the english "th" or "ph") of a language are written on blocks like scrabble pieces and float around in a fixed 3D space with strings attached to them connected at the center. It probably won't show all of them at once maybe like 20 or so. Then when you learn a new word or the IPA transcription of it the pieces move closer to you and arrange in the correct way still with the strings attached. The purpose is to make it kind of like an AI is teaching you language will the help of visualization. I attached a picture to show the basic concept. My question is: should I learn 3D animation software like Blender to accomplish this or something else?

Hi Ocean and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

The photo didn't upload for some reason so here it is. I want to make the lines look like strings and maybe have other settings to make them look like lasers or something else.
      Attached Files

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X