Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I search a suitable 3D software at the moment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I search a suitable 3D software at the moment?

Hi,

my name is Johannes and I am searching a suitable 3D software. In my last projects I worked with blender and I am not satisfy with them. 3ds max is very expensive. On the following site I had found a interesting article about 3D Software.

https://viscircle.de/software-for-3d...rview/?lang=en

would you agree with the information in the article? What do you think?
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 10-24-2017, 11:43 AM. Reason: fixed link

Hi Johannes22 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I agree with what the article says, but it's not a comprehensive rundown of the software that's out there.

Blender is free, and it's quite good for being free. If you want to head up from there, the price escalates rapidly. Higher-end 3D software tends to be specialized toward specific purposes. So what you might want could easily depend on what you intend to be doing with it, like animation, technical illustrations, special effects, CAD, etc.

Unfortunately, the higher-end applications come with higher-end prices. Even the lower-end applications, like SketchUp aren't cheap.

Comment

Well, for me the choice depends of what exactly you do. I mean different type of 3d objects with different workflow need different software.
        And yes sometimes the price is a problem. Myself I work with 3d scanners and organic objects (humans). So my list of software is:
        Artec Studio - to actually create a 3d scan; Zbrush as the main software - all modelling and retopology goes there; for creating UV maps I prefer 3ds Max, I also use it for non-organic meshes. Though it has problems with raw models came from Studio due to number of polygons while Zbrush deals perefectly with them, so usually Zbrush is the second step after Artec Studio to optimize the mesh. Then I bake normals in 3ds Max and as a final step to add textures I use Quixel Suite addon for Adobe Photoshop.

Comment

Hi Westreak and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X