Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    DanCMU
    The period, to me, makes it more of an assertion rather than a suggestion. I know that's not what that's used for (technically speaking) but it makes it pack a little more punch.

I vote to...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    PrintDriver
    What's a selfie?
    Just kidding.
    Narcissistic for the most part, more fleeting than a hashtag in general, and somehow people think they can make social statements with them. Society has become...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain software

So I'm pretty new to this stuff but this is what I am looking to do. I work at a paintball field and want to map the field in 3d with trees, bunkers the netting and have all the gps points be accurate. I have a gps capable of taking the data but I dont know how to convert that into a 3d image. any help?

CAD would work.
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

So if you have the coordinates can you map to real measurements like feet/yards or meters?

What is the purpose of this map? A virtual walkthrough? A game render? or a 2d output for flyers, maps and signs?

If it is just for a 2d output then bryce would work and bryce 5.5 is free at download.com

If you want a virtual walkthrough well then, bryce may work for the models and you can animate a short camera fly through with little difficulty.

If you want a game like feel where the people can control where they are going, well then that is an entirely different animal altogether. And probably more than you'd want to take on right out of the gate.

3D programs have a grid base system with xyz coordinates. If you can translate the GPS coordinates to real time measurements then it would just me a matter of placing the objects on a grid with scaled, or real measurements.

If you are looking to create this and have it import into a GPS device, then again that is something way beyond my knowlege.

Jade

Comment

Here's a free "game" app, that also may be of help.
        http://3drad.com/

Jade

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X