Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    Thank you very much. Come to find out there was an element in my first code that stretched over the next button causing it to return to the first page. I will still try the php examples you gave me; I...
    Today, 12:02 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build an old city

Hi, I'm a young programmer but new with graphic design.
    I would build an old city 3d virtual environment for a museum so that you can walk through the streets of the old city.
    I have a lot of photos of the city.

1. Which software to use? Better if free and with visual toolbars to build the model (I've read on the web about IRRLICHT, but it seems to need just coding).

2. Are there tools that help to create a 3d model from photos?

Thanks.

I would probably suggest Maya for a 3D walk around/fly through of any kind of city.
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

If you have not already seen it, you might find this thread helpful:

Which 3D software should I use?
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

The article posted is no more available.
        So you say Maya will be the best choice? Nothing freeware?
        What about creating the model using the photos?

Comment

the article may be dead, but did you read through the thread? Tyger offers some very helpful explanations in his posts, as do many others.
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

If your biggest concern is the cost you could look at blender, I don't know much in regards to 3d applications as far as capabilities are concerned, but it's probably the closest to 3ds or Maya in terms of capability you will find for free.
            Tumblr Blog Thing

Comment

Thanks. I'll try it.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X