X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounch

I decided to make a better looking coffee lounch. I do beilive a person would feel fine in that chair, particulary when a nice cup of beverage is served.

Hope u like

I'm a C4D fan..

Interesting. Not much to say but it's as badly done as all the others. No amount of hinting seems to help you on your way to achieving a significant look. Same mistakes as all your previous efforts.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

What's a lounch?

And why is there a reflection of the floor on top of the table? If that's supposed to be glass and you're trying to show the floor through the glass, it's way too prominent. You should be able to see the table legs and the chairs more easily than the floor. There are spots where you seem to be able to see the floor through the table and the chair beneath it. You're talking about breaking the laws of physics now.
      Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I presume he means lounge.

D800, you might want to take a look at the lighting and shadows and perspective in particular. That would give the piece a more realistic feel.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

After looking at many of your posts and not having anything [nice] to say, I think you would benefit greatly from an Introductory Drawing Class. And by that I mean pencil and paper, not computer-based.

Comment

Those seats look very uncomfortable. The armrests and the solid-looking square pillows in particular. And also the fact that your legs would be crushed between the chair and table...

Comment

that might be the shortest table i have ever seen, is this a kids table?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I would be quite comfortable in that chair with a beverage.

Comment

your legs would be crushed between the chair and table...
                  Why, just cuz the table legs are shorter than the chair legs and it rests on the arms of the chairs?
                  D8 has never really learned to 'look'. He lets the program dial in his light source(s). And he never progresses. It's the same old mistakes all the way back to his first post.

Comment

you must learn to stand before you walk kimosabe

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

All I can say is that I'm experimenting with the program. This is the first ever room scene ever and I won't be discuraged by ur crits.

I'm a C4D fan..

Comment

Originally posted by D8002uga View Post
                        All I can say is that I'm experimenting with the program. This is the first ever room scene ever and I won't be discuraged by ur crits.
                        I've seen you do other rooms, you did a coffee room the other day, with a table and chairs and tea cups for coffee cups.

Why are you experimenting with the program? What's your end goal here? Are you filling empty hours of your day for fun or are you trying to do larger projects?

You need to get some art lessons in and learn about shadow and depth, perspective and things like that.

Otherwise just give up now. You've posted I don't know how many of these things and you constantly make the same errors, no matter what our crit is you just ignore it.

And you're even ignoring the crit where we say it's terrible by saying that you "won't be discouraged". Well I commend you for your efforts and I understand you may be struggling with this program you're using.

Good for you, but posting the same errors time after time when people have corrected you shows that you are inept at taking direction and you don't learn from your mistakes. You're not getting the basic grasp of perspective, depth and light direction or anything that makes things look realistically good. But your problem is not with the mechanics of the program, it's with basic artistic principles.

If you can post something that is an improvement on your previous efforts based on the crit that you received before then you might get some praise. But you're constantly posting the same crap over and over again.

When I was 14 in school doing Technical Graphics we learned how to apply shadows to different objects that we had to draw and we were given a light source randomly. The image had to be drawn in 3 different views and the shadow showing correctly on each view.

What I'm saying is that basic light, shadows, direction, rotation, depth etc. is taught at a high-school level to kids, it's not that hard to learn and read up about and take a few classes about.

If you can't apply the basic principles of physics to your drawings then you will always receive bad crit, especially if you keep posting the same mistakes time after time after time. And if you can't see the basic errors that you're making before you post for crit then you're in deep trouble. Fair enough if you took our crit of the basic mistakes you're making, but you don't you just ignore it. Then you seem to be demanding that we praise your work somehow, but in fairness, we have all tried in the past to give you direction, but you seem unable to take that direction and run with it.

You need some basic lessons in art, or take up art classes as a hobby or something.
                        Last edited by hank_scorpio; 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X