Looking into LightWave. Looking for some guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking into LightWave. Looking for some guidance

I work for a very small company (I am the graphic design/web master/Flash/etc person). So I am on a tight budget. In fact I am not sure that I can "sell" 3d software to my boss.

Anyway, I have a demo for Swift3d as well as Lightwave. At this point I'm leaning towards Lightwave. Could someone answer a few questions for me before I pursue this?

1. Is it possible to make animations that can be embeded into web pages?
    2. Do you pull 3d animations into Flash?
    3. What are the bandwidth considerations for these animations?
    4. (You're going to hate this one) What's the learning curve with Lightwave?
    5. Where's the best place to start learning 3d software?

Any advice here would be great. Thanks a lot.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
    Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
    Glitchin
    Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
    Today, 03:55 PM
  • Glitchin
    Comment on Logo Feedback
    Glitchin
    I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
    Today, 03:24 PM
  • Glitchin
    Reply to Critique Please?
    Glitchin
    This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
    Today, 02:58 PM
  • Glitchin
    Comment on Critique Please?
    Glitchin
    Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
    Today, 02:54 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
    PrintDriver
    Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
    Today, 12:42 PM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X