Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• creare
    logo lettering new york
    creare
    logo lettering new york, letter y seems the raised arm of the Statue of Liberty ' ...
    Today, 02:53 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to What do you want to know?
    salsa
    Something with cats. Cats are funny! Maybe a video about how to make a funny cat video?
    Today, 02:44 PM
  • B
    Reply to What do you want to know?
    B
    I would like a video, please, on how to get clients to always say, "Wow, great work! Do you mind if I pay you double for it?"
    Today, 02:26 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Font
    KitchWitch
    Hi Hootch and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to First Poster Design
    kemingMatters
    First lets talk about software and file formats, it appears that the logos you have selected are raster, meaning they are made up with pixels and create that built-with-lego look when upsized or in low...
    Today, 02:12 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrara 6 Pro

I was just wondering if anyone uses Carrara 6 pro. I used to use this program a few years ago doing freelance work for one of my professors from school. I want to get back into 3d modeling and was wondering if anyone had any good tutorials and or resources. Im mainly looking for advise and what not because I have not used the program in so long. Some things are coming back to me but I remeber doing alot more with the program. Thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by sel; 06-25-2011, 08:13 AM.

There's a full series on C6 at Lynda.com

also as they say "what happens in Carrara stays in Carrara". You won't be able to export anything that is dynamic from carrara to be used in any other program. Also the UV map is weird. In the latest edition there is an option (or add-on) that allows you to export files to better interchange with other programs. Also in the latest edition a lot of the Daz3d content can be imported and used quite well. C8 is a definite leap ahead as far as program capabilities.

That said. I'm learning Blender (free) for main modeling and ZBrush for more sculptural work.

I've dabbled in a ton of different 3d programs. SO If you let me know your goals, I can help direct you better.

Jade

Comment

thanks for the input. as for goals with 3d, i would like to get better at modeling, lighting, and building scenes. eventually i would love to learn camera control and animation but i want to get better at the basics i guess.

are 3d studiomax and maya fairly easy to use if you already have minor experience with 3d programs?

Comment

The basics do translate between program to program. The object mesh, nurbs, subdivsion, maps, lighting and cameras all have similar ties in each program. Zbrush and Modo have other sculpting tools that assist in model creation that other programs do not.

Other programs where creating environments, landscape, skys etc are their specialty are Vue, Carrara, Bryce, etc. The other programs can also be used as a background creator, but you would have to do more hands on than those programs that auto generate.

The tools to create the object vary by program. Creating in 3d is really all about finding the program that fits your goals and workflow.

3dMax has all that you want to do and more. I have 3dsmax 8. However, many find the program to be too much to take on. Lynda.com also has a series on it.

Actually you may want to start at lynda.com and look at the 3d programs through their tutorials to see which you would feel most comfortable before spending any money or time. There's Maya, Carrara, 3dmax, Google Sketchup on there.

Also look into Modo, zbrush, and Blender for modeling options.

Another forum/site to check out if you are real serious would be http://www.cgsociety.org/

Tutorials can also be found through the magazine 3dworld, and Imagefx (both by the same publisher) I like 3D World magazine over the other as the industry insite, and tutorials are really good. Also the resource CD that comes with the magazine is spot on.

Kinda rambled on there, but hopefully you can pick out what works for you.

Jade

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X