Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    <b>
    Are you the designer, the printer, the merchant or all of them? A designer doesn't typically base fees on the number that will be printed. A printer, on the other hand, does do that. Even when a designer...
    Today, 10:23 PM
  • cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to BEST COMPUTER CONFIGURATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS?
    sketxz!
    So I got the new SSD and it's amazing. It fits in the palm of my hand but so much speed compared to my old one. Here's some graphs of before and after (keep in mind it was a buggy 5 year old drive):...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    <b>
    It's an interesting-looking graphic, but for the reasons already mentioned, it doesn't really meet the usual requirements of a logo. I'm not a big fan of Lobster either, but that's just me.
    Today, 08:37 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good 3D software for Mac users

Hi 3D experts

I've heard that 3D software only work on Microsoft platforms. What about Mac??? Any suggestions and feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks

Wow...that is so not true!!!!

But, it does depend on what you want to do.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1230&bih=708

I have Maya and various other programs. Of course, there is always Blender, which will cover you for most anything.

It really depends on what you want to do.
    "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

It used to be true, and in some instances still it.

The thing with 3d is that a lot of the plugins are independantly created by individuals or small businesses that just don't have the financial bank to develop for two platforms.

Things have changed, especially in the last 5 years. Many of the mainstream 3d applications are now completely compatible with MAC.

3D encompasses a wide range of tools and programs. Which one to use, will be entirely based on what you want to do with it? Do you want to buy models to pose, light and render? Do you want to model from scratch? Do you want to create different characters? Do you want to do sweeping landscapes? Do you want to do everything?

also adding in what type of budget do you have. 3d programs can be free to 10s of thousands of dollars.

Comment

Hi Darkwolf29a and Drazan

Wow. Thank you so much for your feedback. I am currently finishing my Dip. Graphic Design and know very little about 3d. This helps alot and will give me something to start with.

Thanks again.

Comment

I have been user Blender on a Mac for a long time now. Love it!

linkage: Blender web site

Comment

Started using Strata 3D at work and I love it.

On a 27" iMac
            Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I also just posted a "getting started" thread.

Click here and it is also stickied at the top of the 3D software forum.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X