• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE! Daz3D promotion

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-so...me_5_btn=start

I don't use any of this stuff but saw it this morning:

DAZ Studio Pro was $429.95 / Now FREE
    This 3D software package includes DAZ Studio Pro, a feature rich 3D figure customization, posing, and animation tool that enables anyone to create stunning digital illustrations and 3D animations. DAZ Studio Pro is the perfect tool to design unique digital art and 3D animations using virtual people, animals, props, vehicles, accessories, environments and more. Simply select your subject and/or setting, arrange accessories, setup lighting, and begin creating beautiful artwork.

Bryce 7 Pro was $249.95 / Now FREE
    Bryce is an award winning, fun, feature-packed 3D modeling and animation package designed to allow new users to quickly create and render stunning 3D environments. Bryce combines exceptional power with an innovative interface for incredible ease of use. Add wildlife, people, props and more to your scenes via the DAZ Studio character plug-in in addition to terrain, water, sky, rocks, clouds, fog, vegetation, and architecture for which Bryce has long been the standard. Originally created by Eric Wenger, Kai Krause and Phil Clevenger.

Hexagon 2.5 was $149.95 / Now FREE
    Hexagon delivers all the tools a graphic artist needs to create detailed 3D models ready for final render. Packed with features such as; DAZ Studio Bridge, sculpted primitives, freehand modeling brushes, micro-displacement modeling tools, comprehensive UV-mapping modules, advanced 3D paint, and instant ambient occlusion. Hexagon provides you with all the options of expensive competitor software, but at an affordable price.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Wow, Bryce used to do this right before they would come out with a new version. I never used the others and haven't played around with Bryce for years but free is right in my price range

Comment

I've played with Bryce a little and even for a novice it's fun to play with

And so affordable too!

Nice find Eugene

Comment

Yep grab it and start making some fjords

Comment

Ha ha Kool - free is definitely in most people's price range!

Comment

Is there a difference between them? Would there be a reason to get all three?

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
              Is there a difference between them? Would there be a reason to get all three?
              3D Studio focuses on people, there's tons of human models & accessories for it.

Bryce is a more general 3D program that also has a lot of good tools for generating landscapes.

Hexagon is more of a ZBrush texturing tool.

Comment

What's zBrush texturing tool do?

Comment

http://www.pixologic.com/home.php

Zbrush is software for sculpting 3D models and painting textures on them. It's popular for feeling very natural - like working with clay instead of manipulating a bunch of vectors.

Hexagon is like a beginner's version of it. I would never have recommended it before, but for free it could be a great learning tool.

Comment

Prepare yourselves for a lot more posts in here from me. My weekends just took a turn for exciting ...

Comment

Originally posted by VDM View Post
                      3D Studio focuses on people, there's tons of human models & accessories for it.

Hmmm I'll have to see how that compares to Poser ... not the easiest program to learn in the world

Comment

..am I the only one wondering why this software is just being given away?

I'm all for it...I'm just wondering why...
                        I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
                        -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                          Wow, Bryce used to do this right before they would come out with a new version. I never used the others and haven't played around with Bryce for years but free is right in my price range
                          Maybe this

Comment

Originally posted by Iggee002 View Post
                            ..am I the only one wondering why this software is just being given away?

I'm all for it...I'm just wondering why...
                            Wouldn't be surprised if it's a razor & blades kind of situation. DAZ sells tons of figures, props & outfits for the Studio. Getting more people using their software for free might work out in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                              Hmmm I'll have to see how that compares to Poser ... not the easiest program to learn in the world
                              3D Studio IS Poser. The owners changed hands a few times, but DAZ ended up with it and renamed it a few versions ago. It's not the user-friendliest software out there, but I found it WAY easier than Maya or 3DSMax.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X