This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinema 4D

Hello, i'm Andros, i have been doing graphics 5 years and 3D models for few months now.

I noticed that if i make the 3D models detailed enough with Cinema 4D, my program will lag too much for me to continue to make it.
    I saw that many had the same problem, but they had bad computers to run the program, i got two GTX 560 Ti 1Gb Gddr5 graphic cards, 8gb of DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz, and 4-core 3,8Ghz processor.

I was searching for answer all over the internet and saw that everyone under 4Gb of RAM and other stuff like that had the lag, well i got 2x the power the program needs and it still lags if i make 1 very detailed human character or something like that, it made me wonder, is there any things in the settings i could change and it would run smoothly? I don't have any antialiasing or anything switched on or anything, i even got the newest drivers.

Thank you if you answer, and sorry, if this post is at the wrong section.

Yeah Cinema 4D is a pretty intensive software, but I don't blame it. You can create extremely detailed 3D images. I mean the specs of your current computer arnt bad, you don't really need more than 8gb RAM which is fine unless you do this is a job which then I suggest upgrading to a 16gb RAM, your processor is good but I would suggest investing into either 1 very good graphics card ). I would suggest the same with the GTX 780 but I would definitely get the "ti" version as it allows your computer to use the full potential of 3D / 4D rendering. Or you could get 2 graphics cards that are better (Asus 3GB GTX 780 or GTX 760. Asus are the best as they don't mess with the software where as other companies that sell the 780 and 760 usually do). Hope this helps and stops the lag.

Comment

Hi Andros and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

If you're looking for a better "preview" rendering type card (if you're in 4view and looking for better real time rendering 'screen'), look for OpenGL type cards, they are vastly different from game cards (somehow the math works out), just don't expect to play games on them. They're typically more exepnsive, but even the mid-cost cards (maybe even cheaper if you don't throw textures at them) perform better than the top of the line gamer cards.

Basically the OpenGL cards will help you push more polys, the Ram in cards helps you push textures (and I doubt a typical model needs more textures than a typical game screen). Keep in mind that nothing in a graphics card will help your actual rendering times.

edit: lol, I think I've been time-trolled.
        Last edited by John G; 01-08-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Looks like the OP never returned. Closing this zombie thread.
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
            Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
            PanToshi
            Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Looking for comments
            PanToshi
            Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
            Today, 03:46 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            PanToshi
            Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 03:40 PM
          • HotButton
            Reply to Flyer Crtitique
            HotButton
            There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
            Today, 03:36 PM
          • pobrien
            Flyer Crtitique
            pobrien
            Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
            Today, 01:12 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X