Anime 3D - Which software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime 3D - Which software?

Which software would be best to create something like this?: Free or Paid; what would you recommend?
    Last edited by leol; 08-05-2012, 10:17 PM.

I can't see what you posted.

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Fixed - my apologies.

Comment

Manga Studio is the best in my opinion. However you still need pretty good drawing skills to accomplish a refined look like this.

I don't believe that is 3D either ... it's 2D with blurred feathers to add a little depth

Comment

Yep, I'm with Kittie.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I do believe that Kittie is correct here. Everything I read says 2D, not 3D.

But, Manga Studio is a pretty good software option if you are wanting to spend more money or you do not have Photoshop. I get the distinction impression that you can do the same thing in PS.

THere is one thing that Manga Studio does do that PS won't..and that is pages. So, it's a thought. If you already have InDesign and PS, you probably don't need to spend the money.
            Last edited by darkwolf29a; 08-10-2012, 08:05 AM. Reason: Forgot one thing
            "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf29a View Post
              THere is one thing that Manga Studio does do that PS won't..and that is pages.

And curves ... I have have yet to make a smooth curve in PS. Manga Studio makes lovely curves with little to no effort.... perfect for hair

Comment

There's a LOT that Manga Studio does that PS doesn't, or not as well -- that is, specifically for the comic artist. It's a pretty well thought-out app!

Comment

I didn't think about the hair. But, you can use the pen tool to do that as well.

I do agree though, it does bear investigation. Might be cheaper, overall, than upgrading Adobe.
                  "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

I agree with Magna Studio for the picture posted.

But if you are looking for true 3D check out this from Daz 3D
                    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d/3d-comic-book-art/

There's a couple Toon rendering plugins available in the store. Daz3D Studio itself is still free for now.

Comment

I've downloaded it. I'm going to see what it's worth before I bite in to the price.

Comment

Gotta warn you... it's a good interface, but... different. I think that's what's thrown a lot of potential users off of MS for many years. It takes time to learn its tricks. We tend to forget the amount of time we've spent doing the same for more popular apps like PShop, Ai, ID, etc. Early market titles have a huge advantage this way.

Comment

Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Oh, and its not helped very much but the fact that the manual is a translation from Japanese. Not too bad a translation, but almost laughable in some parts.

Another huge advantage of 'legacy' software is the amount of online resources for learning the ropes. There's a few out there for MS, but you have to dig a lot harder.

Comment

I'm going to be digging. Because I am buying the Debut program today. So far, it seems like it will work for what I have been searching for. We'll have to see, ultimately. Maybe later I will upgrade to the full version. But, for now...it'll work.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
                                Helloooooo!
                                Breanne.C
                                Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
                                Yesterday, 05:31 PM
                              • Breanne.C
                                Font ID Please
                                Breanne.C
                                Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Yesterday, 03:56 PM
                              • chikisg84
                                Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                                chikisg84
                                Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
                                Yesterday, 03:32 PM
                              • Biggs097
                                Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                                Biggs097
                                Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
                                StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
                                Yesterday, 02:42 PM
                              • B
                                Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                                B
                                Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
                                Yesterday, 02:11 PM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X