No announcement yet.

rookie who needs hepl!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie who needs hepl!!!

HI!everybody!I am a brand new learner in 3D design field, so I want to know the main fountions of 3D design, what it can do? where it could be used?what are the features of it?whether it has a good trend to be developed in the future?Thanks!~~~~~

read up on these articles posted on a previous thread.

Also the best way to see for yourself is to download trial versions and demos.

What exactly though are you looking to do? modleing, animation, a general overview?

GDF Contributor

Visit My Blog: Tyger's Den

thanks a lot! I think I need a general overview~~

Not to detour you from this web forum, since this is an AWESOME RESOURCE SITE, but also check for any 3D tutorials or specific assistance in a 3D application. I personally use Maya but there is also 3d Studio Max, Softimage XSI, Rhino, and several others. Any questions with Maya please feel free to ask me in a PM. THanks
        Fuelded by Imagination

simple answers

animation which would be movies and or video games. to name a few. it's a GROWING industry.
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at and

Also the tutorial section on has 3D tutorials on various applications and some general 3d tutorials as well. Som of those might help, a lot od the 3dsmax tutorials are very basic.
            Allen Harkleroad
            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Latest Topics

• B
              Reply to Business card - need critiques
              I might not even be all that concerned with those particular technical issues.The OP is starting up what seems to be a small home business, so I suspect this card will be digitally printed at a local...
              Today, 12:02 PM
            • seamas
              Reply to Business card - need critiques
              For this type of business, I'm not bothered by an amateurish card, but the technical issues PD described need to be addressed
              Today, 11:03 AM
            • Craig B
              Reply to Indesign hyperlinks - PDF not working on Android and some PC.
              Craig B
              Are they text hyperlinks or "button" hyperlinks. Button hyperlinks tend to break on several readers. Including when opening a PDF in a web browser. Which is probably happening with the PC and...
              Today, 09:39 AM
            • PanToshi
              Reply to Looking for mentor
              A lot depends on the employer. Some agencies offer continuing education opportunities, some corporations offer creative workshops, some companies work more collaboratively, some work in large teams, some...
              Today, 09:17 AM
            • graffiks
              Reply to Graphic Design in the 2010s...
              Pan I probably did misspeak. I do see that there will probably always be a place for printing. I was speaking from my personal experience over the last 10 years of seeing business drop. I have always...
              Today, 09:13 AM

Incredible Stock
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings