rookie who needs hepl!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie who needs hepl!!!

HI!everybody!I am a brand new learner in 3D design field, so I want to know the main fountions of 3D design, what it can do? where it could be used?what are the features of it?whether it has a good trend to be developed in the future?Thanks!~~~~~

hello,

read up on these articles www.graphicdesignforum.com/desktopdefault.aspx?f=44&m=110509&tabid=137 posted on a previous thread.

Also the best way to see for yourself is to download trial versions and demos.
    www.graphicdesignforum.com/desktopdefault.aspx?f=44&m=110524&tabid=137

What exactly though are you looking to do? modleing, animation, a general overview?

GDF Contributor

Visit My Blog: Tyger's Den

Comment

thanks a lot! I think I need a general overview~~

Comment

Not to detour you from this web forum, since this is an AWESOME RESOURCE SITE, but also check cgtalk.com for any 3D tutorials or specific assistance in a 3D application. I personally use Maya but there is also 3d Studio Max, Softimage XSI, Rhino, and several others. Any questions with Maya please feel free to ask me in a PM. THanks
        Chris
        Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

simple answers

animation which would be movies and or video games. to name a few. it's a GROWING industry.
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Also the tutorial section on www.designertoday.com has 3D tutorials on various applications and some general 3d tutorials as well. Som of those might help, a lot od the 3dsmax tutorials are very basic.
            Allen Harkleroad
            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kool
              Reply to Illustrator question
              Kool
              It was just a logo that the designer modified the text by covering up bits here and there, super lazy as some designers tend to be. It would have taken forever to do it one by one. Ended up taking less...
              Today, 03:07 PM
            • PrintDriver
              PrintDriver
              What Kem said.
              Doing them one at a time using pathfinder to subtract (minus front) is probably safer so you can keep an eye on the stacking order.

In the pathfinder palette, open up...
              Today, 02:49 PM
            • Kool
              Kool
              Perfect! I knew it was something simple. I was trying to use the "Path" in the "Objects" menu instead of the pathfinder toolbox Duh LOL All I had to do was select everything and use...
              Today, 02:49 PM
            • kemingMatters
              kemingMatters
              You could try Select > Same > Fill Color to get all of the boxes, then convert them to a compound shape and use pathfinder to subtract. However depending on the way the document is made the best...
              Today, 02:36 PM
            • kemingMatters
              Reply to Diamond Logo Finalists -Need Opinion on Style route?
              kemingMatters
              Truly, none of these feel complete. I'm also not sure if there is an intended superman reference, for me, it's definitely present in all of them....
              Today, 02:31 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X