Car Builder Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Builder Software

Okay, so I have some entrepreneurial(correct term?) thoughts about a website I would like to create and I was wondering if anyone might know the type of software most car companies use on their websites for their "build your own" option. If you're not familiar, they allow you to have a 360 view of the vehicle and usually options such as changing the color and adding/removing packages including wheels, body kits, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome JDM!

We ask that all new members please have a read through these important threads with our rules and FAQs so they'll know a bit about how the place runs. Enjoy your stay!!

blog/portfolio

Comment

In looking at ford.com, it appears that they are using javascript to do most of that.
      "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Most would be done with javascript I'd imagine.

I just bought a new car this past weekend, so I spent a lot of time on Nissan's site doing just that.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I've found plenty of codes for many types of 360 viewers and such but I can't find anyway to allow the customer to be able to change the colors and so on. I'm sorry, I really don't know that much when it comes to java.

Comment

What you are looking for is a basic javascript image swapper. Just a clever use with the 360 views.

The user chooses "blue" through a button or image click and the javascript tells the browser to swap the image for all views to blue. You still have to make the blue images, or overlays for the swapper to use. It doesn't automatically change color for you.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X