No announcement yet.

Textures for 3d studio max ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures for 3d studio max ?

just got 3d studio max and now "currently not having money to buy the book" I'm watching tutorials. I found that I am missing textures or maps in the map editor.
    That would be something around what I'm trying to do. Do you have to buy a plug-in to create this effect or go through the long process of making that effect? I want the transparent, glass, water look through out the tentacles that reach out from something like an exploding star.

You make your objects, asign your surface attributes (which may or may not include images for the textures, i.e. bump maps, transparency, refraction index etc.). Then render it out using multi-pass and edit a bunch in Photoshop.

I strongly recommend you read your 3ds manuals, and I'm pretty sure if you look deviant art has some tutorials up on how to do that effect in 3ds max (seen them before).

textures for 3d MAX

there's a new free site for textures for 3d MAX and other stuff, if you want to check it out go to
      Hope this helps

Latest Topics

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Looking for mentor
        The trouble I've found with most blogs and youtube channels is that it can be difficult to separate the good from the bad. Even Lynda and Adobe have a few really bad tutorials regarding logo design that...
        Today, 04:03 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to How could I get the experience needed for this job....
        As a freelance graphic designer, the way you would get the experience commissioning artwork is by doing it for your own clients. Commissioning artwork is actually fairly easy and it's no big deal...once...
        Today, 03:57 AM
      • Lord Daz
        Reply to PS - FX effects
        Lord Daz
        HotButton thanks a lot for your fantastic explanation! You really helped me alot!

Today, 03:55 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to critique for student work!
        Bridges to Wellbeing...
        Fall colors to represent the vitality of life? Wouldn't spring colors be more appropriate? That orange gradient is bad form. It will make having that done as embroidery or...
        Today, 03:33 AM
      • B
        Reply to Orthography
        Orthography is the set of spelling and punctuation conventions associated with the written form of a language. For example, the following two sentences show differences between British and American o...
        Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings