Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letterhead from ILLUSTRATOR to WORD??!?!

Hey People -

I just made a letterhead in Illustrator 10 and it looks great. My buddy is asking me to make this into a Word template so he can work with it from his computer. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this?!

I've tried saving the Illustrator graphic as .eps, .bmp, .tif and then opening them in word as a background picture but it doesn't work!

HOW DO I TAKE THIS DOCUMENT FROM ILLUSTRATOR TO WORD????!!!

Thanks,

Yojimbo

Just save it as a JPG or GIF and then copy and paste it in.

C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    RUN DOS RUN
    ProudPenguin
    P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

maybe it'd be easier to go from quark to word?

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!
      Tapp-d
      "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Can't you save it as a PDF and import it into Word? I Know you can export from Word as a PDF so wouldn't you be able to import a PDF also?!

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
        I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Good luck and may God be with you man.

Or you can make it in the New Acrobat profesional that lets you fill it out and sumbit it. It also has built in security features so no one can tamper with it. But I don't know how to use it I just read it on Cnet.

Comment

LOL @ Benjo! haha!!

I wouldn't go with importing anything other than a PDF just bc its text and as a .jpg or .gif it will look like Pooo and not be so readable.

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I usually cut and paste - then lock the graphic.

Double the size of the letterhead in Illustrator then copy it. It copies it as a WMF format but it' snot exactly clean - outlined text will get jaggy and some vectors get choppy - doubling the size makes a higher resolution vector. (If anybody has done this you'll know exactly what I mean - it sounds retarded as vectors don't have 'resolution' but in this case the kinda do)

Paste it into your word document and then scale it back down to the correct size.

Right-click on it. Go to FORMAT OBJECT -> LAYOUT -> and select BEHIND TEXT

THEN go to ADVanced and LOCK it in position.

Sve the file as a .dot (document template called letterhead.dot)

Comment

Thanks people - I tried everything and even though it worked, it was too blurry. I guess there's no way to handle stuff like that in word perserving the cripiness (to use technical terms . We're now just printing the letterhead first and then the content.

By the way, if I just want to copy the logo, should I save it as TIF?

Comment

You can export it straight out of illustrator as a WMF file. It will stay vector and reasonably clean.

'I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.' Abraham Simpson

Comment

I second that suggestion to save/export it as a WMF - it's a vector format which is necessary if you want to keep the crispness of the text, and it's compatible with Word.

>>By the way, if I just want to copy the logo, should I save it as TIF?<<

Why would you want to rasterise a logo created in Illustrator? That's just silly, as it means it will no longer be scaleable without introducing jaggies at large sizes. The best format for saving the AI file is as an EPS - but not if you want to put it into Word documents (only the very latst versions will accept an EPS). But if the logo is to go into a layout application (e.g. Indesign, Quark) then save it as an EPS. It won't print properly on a non-postscript printer (only the low-rez TIF preview will) but you can PDF the file for proofing on a non-ps printer if necessary.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X