Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick question about "how to"

Hi guys,

Just registered in the forums. I'm an Industrial Designer doing Identity Design. Hope to be active in the forums now that I've got around signing up.

Was just wondering about this specific style. ¿Is there a way of replicating this perfect cruves in Ai with ease? I mean, I get to replicate it through a tedious, counter-intuitive and long method of mine, but was wondering if there was a quick and easy way of doing this with pixel perfect dimensions.

Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2014-02-27 a la(s) 16.18.30.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	16282

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2014-02-27 a la(s) 16.18.37.png
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	16283

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2014-02-27 a la(s) 16.18.26.png
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	16281

Hi Tronic and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      I move your post from Traditional Illustration to Adobe Products since it is a query about Adobe Illustrator.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

It would be fairly simply, but a little hard to explain.

I'd approach it by creating a single line that was stroked to the width I wanted with rounded ends. Then I'd copy/move that line a specified distance that corresponded to the width of the stroked line, then duplicate that move a number of times to create a striped pattern. Then I'd use the scissors tool to cut up the lines, then color and adjust the layering of the line segments to achieve the look that I wanted. Then there would be the other adjustments, like using the rotation tool to get the entire pattern at the correct angle, etc. Finally, you could expand the stroked lines into shapes and selectively merge them together using the pathfinder tool.

What I wouldn't do is try to draw it with the pen tool. That would be tedious and produce inaccurate results unless you were extremely careful.

Comment

Thanks <b>, this has allowed me to cut the time I spend doing this kind of style with my "old method" but still a bit of a fuss, right? I mean, it souldn't take this kind of planning and playing around to achieve something as simple as this. Sometimes Ai just bothers me.

Comment

Have you tried a live trace? Since the images are low quality, it may not come out perfectly, but it could be a good place to start. Typically live trace is hit and miss.

Comment

Another simple method is to create a rectangle with the rounded radius the same as that of its height and then delete the anchor points on one end and then duplicate and flip horizontally etc etc ... then join all. Done in less than 5 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by ISitude View Post
                Another simple method is to create a rectangle with the rounded radius the same as that of its height and then delete the anchor points on one end and then duplicate and flip horizontally etc etc ... then join all. Done in less than 5 minutes...

Thanks ISitude, this was the kind of method I was looking for

Really helpful.

Cheers.

Comment

• ISitude
                  ISitude commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome! Glad to help...

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X