Optimizing images in Photoshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing images in Photoshop

I have a task that consists of grabbing a high res pdf and saving out different parts of the pdf in jpeg format. The issue I'm having is the pdf itself is enormous and then downsizing it to 95kb I lose a ton of quality obviously. I did (save for web ) and optimized jpegs but then when i bring them back into photoshop and do (image size) the image size is now back to around 2MB when I optimized them they where at 90kb(i don't get why this happens). So Im just trying to find a way to downsize properly without losing a lot of quality. Images are going to be used for a planogram and need to be around 65KB-96KB.

Open the PDF in Acrobat, select the image you want, control > click (on Mac), then select "Copy Image" from the dialogue box that pops up. Paste the image into Photoshop. It's simple. If it's more than a single image you're needing, just open the whole document in Photoshop. Photoshop will ask you which page you want to open. It will open the page you select and rasterize the vector elements at whatever resolution you specify.

As for opening a JPEG compressed image, the compressed smaller size is only for the compressed file. Once you open it back up, it expands back to its original size. It won't be the original quality since some of the original information was thrown away during the lossy JPEG compression, but there will still be the same number of pixels in the expanded file as there were in the uncompressed version of it.

Comment

If it's actual images from a PDF (as B explained above) and not sections including vector art, text and what not ... then open the PDF in Photoshop CC, but instead of leaving the default radio button selection as pages, change it to images. This lets you individually open just placed images within An Indesign document.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

The best way to do that is to do it with a software like Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro. They tend to preserve the quality when you are compressing or optimizing. Here is a guide: http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/pages...-optimization/ that might help you with large image optimizations

Comment

Hi Jackson and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Will do! Thank you for the reference, and sorry if I made any mistakes!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X