Flatten Image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatten Image

Greetings from 16 below wind chill! Whine ahead: Why isn't there a flatten image key command? Can I set up a hot button for that? It's a function I use on every single image and I have to go to the menu and pull down all the way to the bottom and flatten image. Just why?

And while I am asking, is there way to batch "save for web"? I usually just do it after I finish adjusting colors, then save for web. But I am working in bulk now and got ahead of myself going to the next picture and not wanting to sit and wait for save for web right now. Do I have to write an action for that? OH photoshop!
    CS6 mac

Making an actions is not soo terrible really.

Comment

Flatten image drove me crazy too. You can change that under edit/keyboard shortcuts. I set mine to cmnd-opt-P ...not for any particular reason, it's just a "comfortable" group of keys for me.

As far as batch save to web, Adobe Bridge may help. See if Tools/Image Processor can work for you. You can also do a tools/batch if you've built out an action from Bridge ... but you could do that right form Photoshop as well.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• Kayekaye
        Kayekaye commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, that's what I thought.

Originally posted by Kayekaye View Post
      It's a function I use on every single image...
      I'm not sure I understand why you'd have to do that. If it's because you subsequently save to a format that doesn't support layers, all you really have to do is save to that format; no Flatten Image step necessary.
      Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
      are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        I flatten images a lot to save on file size for ripping even if they are .psd files. But I ask my clients to send fully layered files if there are any smart objects or special color needs going on in their photoshop files.

• Kayekaye
        Kayekaye commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never used layered psd in indesign documents, don't see the need for what I do.

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as you understand the difference when the need arises.

I always love being asked to ''just extend the background'' on a photoshop file with no layers.

I guess it's just a matter of scenario. Almost nothing I do is one-off; everything lives on, subject to maintenance, if not overhaul. Today, I might be making changes to, or reusing pieces of, something I last touched 2-3 years ago. The availability of editable layers and Smart Objects is a must. Even if I needed a flattened image in my layout (although I can't imagine why I would), I'd still be preserving a layered copy alongside.

Oh, and...you can indeed assign a shortcut:
      Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Panel Menus > Layers...and Flatten Image is there.
      Last edited by HotButton; 12-16-2016, 06:40 AM.
      Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
      are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

I always save the psd, I would never have only a flattened file. And for sure I understand bleed 😀

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hectorclark
          Reply to two posters
          hectorclark
          Hey, It's really creative works. Best wishes for you. Carry on....
          Yesterday, 01:05 PM
        • hectorclark
          Comment on Ice Cream Sign Design - First Trial
          hectorclark
          This is nice but If it's background will be white then it's looks more attractive I think.
          Yesterday, 01:01 PM
        • EC
          Reply to two posters
          EC
          Hi!

I like the second image -- but I'd get rid of her ear, it's not necessary and kind of distracting. And I'd pull the green overlay all the way up, her hairline at the top also draws the...
          Yesterday, 12:14 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to two posters
          PrintDriver
          What are the intended messages of the posters?
          Graphic design is all about the message. Most graphic designers are able (or should be able) to montage images as shown here. The skill is in conveying...
          Yesterday, 10:51 AM
        • i3z
          two posters
          i3z
          hi , Im new member here
          I designed two posters and I hope u give feedback to improve my design
          first poster

I used the pics on below picture

the second poster...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X