Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Effects - Shapes intersection animation

Hi everyone,

I need to make a simple animation, 2 empty circles getting near and overlapping/intersecting only in part. The intersection should be filled while the parts that are not in the intersection have to stay empty inside.
    The circles have a border

I'm attaching an image of the final result I need

Anybody have an idea on how to do this?

Thanks

What's really interesting. I think it would be done by Photoshop animation like GIF animation file creating. I'm not sure but I think.

Comment

Hi Dustin and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This is the best I could explain it without a visual ref. It sounds like you're new to AE so this may not make sense to you especially if you've never worked with shape layers.

Create a "shape layer" and under the layer's drop down menu click "Add" and choose two ellipse, a fill, and a stroke. Move the ellipse apart via their position attribute (this is not the same as the layer's attribute) and add a merge paths node and set it to add. Duplicate the layer and have one layer with only a fill and the other with only a stroke. Change the merge paths node to intersect.

You can also consolidate your ellipses into group nodes and use only one layer but this more complex for a newb.
        Last edited by Protagonist; 02-11-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Pandorino
          Pandorino commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you guys, I think I'll go for the Protagonist's way. I'll try Monday and come back with the results. 😉

Btw, I'm not really new to AE, but I don't use it very frequently so thanks for the detailed explanation 😊

• Pandorino
          Pandorino commented
          Editing a comment
          Protagonist - thanks for the explanation! I've been able to try only today and it works.

I've also found a video about the Merge Paths node that helped
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vstn56VxFxQ

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Biggs097
        Reply to Poster for a school project
        Biggs097
        Yeah, it's looking a bit drab.

Find a nice high-res photo of a beach on a royalty-free site. Lose the transparency, the photo doesn't need to be washed out, just find a vibrant beach scene...
        Today, 12:02 PM
      • B
        Reply to A question about advancing education
        B
        Here's a paraphrased version of an actual conversation I had with our HR department a few months back. Seriously.

Me -- "How many job applicants did we receive for the open position?"...
        Today, 11:45 AM
      • designzombie
        designzombie
        Certifications might make the difference when choosing between 2 seemingly equally qualified candidates with equally impressive portfolios. But that's only after all other qualifications such as 4-year...
        Today, 11:19 AM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Poster for a school project
        HotButton
        And for a beach party, I'm sure you can do better than this photo of a pier.
        Today, 10:04 AM
      • KitchWitch
        KitchWitch
        Hi Roland198 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 09:25 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X