No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?

    Hi gang!

    I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

    Does anyone know how to achieve the attached effect in Photoshop? Specifically, the little plus sign / X pattern effect. It looks a bit like halftone but not quite right. I have done it in the past, but I believe it was in Paint Shop Pro and a million years ago.

    Even a name for what the effect is called would be helpful! Thanks!

    ​ ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.16.18 AM.png
Views:	3
Size:	973.7 KB
ID:	20826
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.


    • #3
      it makes me think of dot matrix for some reason, but not quite. I remember very similar looking graphics in mid 80s on computer game manuals and what not It's a little bit "8-bit", but it's not. I wish I could help you with a specific name.
      I like to beat up pacifists, because they don't fight back ...

      N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."






      Incredible Stock

      Latest Topics


      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings