Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?

Hi gang!

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Does anyone know how to achieve the attached effect in Photoshop? Specifically, the little plus sign / X pattern effect. It looks a bit like halftone but not quite right. I have done it in the past, but I believe it was in Paint Shop Pro and a million years ago.

Even a name for what the effect is called would be helpful! Thanks!

​ ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.16.18 AM.png
Views:	3
Size:	973.7 KB
ID:	20826
    Attached Files

Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

it makes me think of dot matrix for some reason, but not quite. I remember very similar looking graphics in mid 80s on computer game manuals and what not It's a little bit "8-bit", but it's not. I wish I could help you with a specific name.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
        Reply to Sort of a Constructivism Inspired Poster
        seamas
        I agree with HotButton on just about everything here --especially the extra question parks.
        Leave extra punctuation to Pam in accounting. You are a Graphic Designer--use a graphic designer solution....
        Today, 02:51 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Newbie101 here
        KitchWitch
        Hi Newbie101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 02:44 PM
      • B
        Reply to What specifications of PC laptop should I buy for design jobs?
        B
        What PrintDriver said, is accurate for pro-level work. However, since you're on a budget, you can get by with less.

Editing video with 16GB of RAM is doable without too much pain, unless...
        Today, 02:15 PM
      • Newbie101
        Newbie101 here
        Newbie101
        Hey, I'm from the middle east, in my twenties, just found my passion for design, and I'm sure I can rock this.
        I know nothing much yet, but I hope I would learn many from here
        Today, 01:43 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Having trouble with printers and am very lost
        KitchWitch
        Hi Felinafullstop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 01:03 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X