Need Help - Photoshop Gif

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Photoshop Gif

I tried to simplified the title as short as it can be. I did not have this problem previously and I am unsure of why it's doing this. I was trying to save my .gif file that I made recently and it keep saving as an optimized color/file. I do not want that, I want it to be the original .gif file that I made as it is.
    I have attached a video file of me saving my .gif file. I am unsure what I'm doing wrong, I save it as accordingly to my default settings. I would like some help if possible, because this is driving me nuts. I searched everywhere and every single one does not answer my problem.

My version of Photoshop is CS6 (64-bit). I'm using a Windows 10 PC.

Hi Nibb and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

That's because as a general rule, GIFs are optimized to display 256 colors. There are some convoluted hacks if you look around online for saving more than the default. But, if you want more colors, why not simply use another format such as PNG24 which supports millions of colors. Or even JPEG.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
        That's because as a general rule, GIFs are optimized to display 256 colors. There are some convoluted hacks if you look around online for saving more than the default. But, if you want more colors, why not simply use another format such as PNG24 which supports millions of colors. Or even JPEG.
        I wanted to save it as an animation file. I didn't have any problem with this way before. But so I just save it as image file and then resave it as a animation?

Comment

You can do a web search for "animated gifs with more than 256 colors", or "true color animated gifs" online. But for the most part there doesn't appear to be any easy or quick way around the limitation.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X