Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illustrator - This Logo - HOW TO?? HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator - This Logo - HOW TO?? HELP!

HOW do you do this logo? I did the replace spine in Illustrator but it's not working out the way I thought it would. I have a client that wants something very similar but my design is not flowing the same. The dots toward the center just kind of jumble together, not like the look of the logo in the link below. I know there has to be an easy way to do this, I just don't know how!!! I'm under the gun and I can't seem to figure it out. Please help!

http://redwoodproductions.com/busine...rinsic-motion/
    Last edited by PanToshi; 03-25-2017, 09:45 PM. Reason: fix link

Make one arm of the spiral using the second method shown here:
    https://vimeo.com/170510077

After you make one arm, rotate copies of the arm around a central point, leaving one space blank.

If you really are going to apply a gradient to it (not recommended for logos) you make all of the dots a compound shape and apply a radial gradient from the center out.

Comment

• Carlo
      Carlo commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that a gradient has been applied. So I would use the Blend tool and change the spine to a spiral. Tp make it fit cut with the scissors on an endpoint to mak th circles fit the spiral an then use the rotate tool…

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2017-03-26-at-8.56.12-PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	20910

Looks like a gradient to me.
    You can muck around with the blend tool all day. It is the wrong tool for the job.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-26-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Tees and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X