Illustrator: Objects not visible in Preview view

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator: Objects not visible in Preview view

I added a text box to a file and when I did it, two objects disappeared. I can see that they're there in Outline view, but they are not visible in Preview view. I copied all and pasted them into a new file and they are still not visible. What happened and how can I "get them back?"

Hi Kmason and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by KMason View Post
      I added a text box to a file and when I did it, two objects disappeared. I can see that they're there in Outline view, but they are not visible in Preview view. I copied all and pasted them into a new file and they are still not visible. What happened and how can I "get them back?"
      Would need more information to advise.

Can you make a screen capture with one of the offending objects selected, and the Appearance and Layers panels in view?
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I've attached the screen print. Thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

I've had this happen several times, but somehow I've gotten it back. Don't remember how. It seems to happen when I add another object. In this case, I added the website and phone text box at the bottom when it disappeared. There is also a box filled with green that is behind the logo and text that disappeared.

Comment

Why is your screen grab a Microsoft word doc? No one is going to open that.

What happens when you send it to the back in the object stacking order?
            Does your text box have a white fill?

Comment

Yeah, can't imagine why you would post it in a Word document, but I did have a look, and clearly the selected object has a white fill and no stroke. On the white background of the artboard...uuhhm...you can't see it.
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I tried just pasting it into the box here, but I kept getting a message that it had too many characters (60, 000 or so). I'll try it again very small. I've dropped it into Photoshop and reduced the size and resolution there. Fingers crossed...

I've gone through the arrange. Brought it to front. It's background is transparent because it sits on the green filled box that you can't see either (text is in white)

Comment

Well the pasted image didn't come through. How can I paste the image without having the too many character problem?

Comment

Where do you see the white background and no type? It was transparent with white type. It was showing fine (along with the green box which isn't showing now) and then disappeared. I drew a new box off the artboard, changed the type in the box from white to black and it showed up there, transparent background and all. I'm obviously not an expert at this, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

I don't see a white anything. I'm not downloading your .doc.
                      Whatever you are doing, what you are saying shouldn't be happening.
                      Have you tried shutting down the program and restarting with a preferences reset?

Comment

I did try restarting it. How do I do a preferences reset?

Comment

BTW, were you able to see the little image I pasted earlier? I don't see it. How do people paste screen prints without a size issue?

Comment

• KitchWitch
                            KitchWitch commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The best way to include an image in your post is to upload the image to a hosting site (like photobucket), copy the IMG tag and paste that atg into the body of the post/comment. Your image should show that way.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/...eferences.html

Comment

I tried resetting the preferences and that didn't seem to do anything. I have uploaded an image that shows both the objects that are there but not visible. The one text box and then the box that is filled with green. Thanks all.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X