Indesign gutter (space between columns) width and alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesign gutter (space between columns) width and alignment

I'm quite new to Indesign and am trying to work out how to work with gutter width.

I created a new document, set the gutter and can change it through Layout>Margins and Columns.

If I then draw a text frame across the page and give it two columns, and set the gutter the same as the main page (say both are 5mm), how do I get the gutters to align if the text frame doesn't stretch across the page from margin to margin? If I zoom in, the alignment is very slightly off. Moving the frame left and right doesn't line up the gutters.

What to do?

Thanks.

If the text box doesn't go from margin to margin the gutters will not align. Either set the text box to fit the margins or use separate, linked text boxes instead of one box with 2 columns.
    Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

Ok, got it, thanks.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clipping shop
        Reply to 3D view of a logo
        Clipping shop
        sorry to say, I don't think that you know Photoshop pretty well. Because this type of design can be made through Photoshop. Beside this you can google it and can find any other software you like.
        Today, 11:11 AM
      • B
        Reply to Briefs
        B
        I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer to your question. It depends on the company, its culture, the marketing person, the designer and the project at hand.

I oversee both the...
        Today, 09:50 AM
      • pers0n
        Reply to Portfolio usage of work
        pers0n
        Well the work would be work I did. For example lets say I designed someone's logo, poster or website and they want me to take it down.
        Today, 09:25 AM
      • MinaZee
        Comment on Logo Feedback
        MinaZee
        Thanks Glitchin , and i will.
        Today, 06:32 AM
      • Woodenpablo
        Briefs
        Woodenpablo
        What's the general consensus on how to interpret briefs written by a marketing manager or director etc? I was in a meeting at work where I interpreted the brief incorrectly and got a critised for it....
        Today, 04:43 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X