How to Display Portfolio Images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Display Portfolio Images

I donít know if I have put this in the right forum but my question is does anyone have any tips for saving up images of your design work for your website. I am doing a website for my graphic design work but just a shot of the logo, invitation etc looks boring. Is there any article online or notes on how to best display your work. I was already told off about using design mockups. I only have my cell phone to take images.

It's upto you how you display your work, Who's told you off for using mock-ups?

I would look at various different sites see how they've done there's to give you inspiration and check out - creativebloq loads of tips / articles on there about portfolio both online and offline and this months computer arts is aimed at portfolios so well worth a read and also look at back issues etc

Comment

Thanks Neon Thunder. I got told off right here on this forum when I asked for help with a mockup that I had bought. I will take a look at the link.

Comment

Mock-up PSD are extremely helpful, Use them loads to show clients how things look in context. I'd have ago at some photograhy of your work but its not easy and is time consuming

Like I said do what you feel is right for you, aslong as your not claiming the someones elses work and you have the rights to use the mock up for your own work then it's fine.

It's better to present your work well using mock-ups than using shite photographs.

Comment

• PrintDriver
          PrintDriver commented
          Editing a comment
          It's better to present your work well using mock-ups than using shite photographs.
          While shite photos will get you absolutely nowhere fast, inappropriately used mockups are just as bad. Properly photographed work that was actually produced will get you farther than a rendered mockup which makes it look like your work is faked. Yep, I said faked. As HotButton mentioned in that other thread I linked, a mockup might best be presented next to the actual piece as a screenshot of the digital layout or a studio photo of the final piece.

These days, even the general public puts down obviously faked internet imagery with the derogatory ''that was Photoshopped'' statement.
          Don't fall into that category with your portfolio.

We have a whole thread going on right now about how to use mockups in a portfolio.
        It really depends on who your portfolio is geared toward. Are you looking for clients? Or are you looking to get hired.
        http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...onal-portfolio

Comment

Thanks! I will take a look at that thread. I am really looking for both - to get hired and also to find clients.

Comment

Good Question.. I Really Appreciated Your Thinking..Keep it Up

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seedpress
              ICC Profile that Won't Soft Proof?
              seedpress
              Recently I contacted a printer manufacturer to request ICC profiles for their printers.

Here's what they wrote:
              ďOur graphic workflow uses ICC profiles when converting and preparing...
              Yesterday, 08:47 PM
            • Jeohs1111
              Logo Design for Sports Conpany
              Jeohs1111
              I am searching for a web designer to create a logo for a Combine and Showcase for high school athletics.
              The website will also feature athletic training and youth camps.
              The name of the organization...
              Yesterday, 07:30 PM
            • Protagonist
              Reply to two posters
              Protagonist
              The color balance is off on the two right side characters in the Hannibal poster. It looks like you tried darkening the images with a curves adjustment which introduced a lot of noise and turned them...
              Yesterday, 01:28 PM
            • B
              Reply to CMYK - black and white?
              B
              Four-color process will give you a richer-looking print than the flat and sometimes lifeless look of a B&W halftone. As pointed out, though, even the slightest variation in ink densities will noticeably...
              Yesterday, 10:53 AM
            • hectorclark
              Reply to two posters
              hectorclark
              Hey, It's really creative works. Best wishes for you. Carry on....
              04-29-2017, 01:05 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X