What is the difference between 72 dpi and 300 dpi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between 72 dpi and 300 dpi

​I am student in design. I am learing adobe Photoshop cc-2015. I have confuse resoulation tools in photoshop. What is the difference between 72 dpi and 300 dpi? Any body know this ..Plz answer this question . I am waiting for answear.

Well, this is a complicated question, but instead of fully answering the question, I'll leave that up to some one like PD on our forums to answer. Instead, I'm going to answer your question more in relation to your screenshot.

Based on your screenshot, the answer is "nothing". And that is because the reality is that your photoshop document is made up of pixels and regardless of whether an image is 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels, it will always be 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels regardless of the dpi. HOWEVER ... if you're printing that image then those pixels translate to printing (in this case inches). For all intents and purposes (and PD will most likely provide more detailed info because the reality is there is a difference between ppi and dpi), dpi (dots per inch) and ppi (pixels per inch) are "the same" So, a 1000 x 1000 pixel image being printed at 300 dpi, will print "crisp" at 3.33", however if you're displaying that image online or on mobile, the image will always be 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels regardless of changing the dpi.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

This is the third installment of the same question that's already been answered twice.

Comment

Originally there were three posts. One got deleted but two had comments before we realized the dupe. We tried to combine the two remaining posts, but I think some comments got lost.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X