Help with Photoshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Photoshop

So, there is a way in Photoshop to create lines that run diagonally across a graphic. A lot of people use them on signatures and it looks really nice. I have searched all over Google and dug through Photoshop as well and I can't recall how to do it. I tried looking for an example to post along with this thread. However, I could not find one to explain what I am talking about. If someone knows what I mean can you please explain to me how I do it. Thank you!

I cant say I know exactly what your taking about. But Photoshop does have a Line tool you can use. It doesn't have the duplicate/step and repeat feature like Illustrator and InDesign though. You'll have to repeat the lines manually. Which honestly sounds like it would be a pain.

I wish I had a sample of what you were looking for though.

Comment

You could try using the rectangle tool or pen tool to create the lines. Then transform (ctr + t) and hold shift to rotate diagonally.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but hope it helps.

Comment

I found a smaller version of what I'm talking about. But notice in these examples, there are lines that run diagonally across the whole image.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, that's not too bad. As far an know however there is no way to step and repeat a graphic in photoshop. If you open Indesign you'll find a step and repeat tool. This way you can just make one line and repeat it say 150 times, with a 0.0625 margin (or whatever you need).

This way you'll be done is a few seconds rather that battling with it in photoshop. If you need it for the web you can still "export for wed" in Indesign

Comment

See? Super quick!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!

Comment

You can step and repeat in Photoshop. It's a handful of key commands so here's someone who is doing it with pictures.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psMiMmmNgIE
                (instruction starts at about 2:00 after all the pretty stuff.)
                Last edited by PrintDriver; 06-24-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

In Photoshop Step and Repeat is ...

On a PC

CMD ALT T
                  SHFT CMD ALT T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psMiMmmNgIE

Comment

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep. See my comment below.

​Please explain elaborately…. I didn’t get what you are trying to tell.

Comment

Hi Edwards142 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X