Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign PDF Export - Blacks turning Grey

Hi Guys

Got a really weird problem at the moment whereby my blacks are exporting as grey when I use the standard 'Press Quality' export PDF settings.

I've never had this problem before, so I suspect it's after a recent InDesign upgrade (using latest CC version).

I've been into prefs -> 'appearance of black' and tried 'output blacks accurately' and also 'output all blacks as rich black' in the printing/exporting setup. Neither of these make any difference.

I mixed up my own rich black with 40% cyan and 100% black, still outputs as grey. However, if I open the PDF in Photoshop and measure the colours, it is 40% cyan and 100% black ... it just 'looks' grey!

I've attached a screen grab of the blacks in InDesign and also a grab of how they look in Acrobat when I open the exported PDF.

Both blacks actually print exactly as they should, so it appears to be an 'on screen appearance' problem. However, I can't proof any files that look this bad!

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	GDF_black_grabs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	21227

Is this a PDF you are sending to a printer for print? Or a client for soft proofing on their monitor?

Check that your destination profile is correct in the Indesign Export box. For a while I think one of the recent-past InDesign updates mucked that up somehow as I was getting a LOT of rgb conversion pdfs from clients, but the latest version seems to be ok.

Or you could try exporting out of InDesign as a PDF X1-a and see if that makes a difference. But don't hand that off to the printer unless they will take it that way.

Comment

Cheers PD, I'll give it a try!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X